In Class A who will get to 12 state titles first?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who knows, from some of the fans on here one might be inclined to think that Raceland is gonna run the next 12 in a row off and beat us both to it

I've been a member for five years and read virtually every post in the football forums for the last three or so, and I have never seen anyone predict that Raceland would win a State Championship. But, go ahead and be the first.

I've been a member for five years and read virtually every post in the football forums for the last three or so, and I have never seen anyone predict that Raceland would win a State Championship. But, go ahead and be the first.

I agree Ram, Raceland has a very good (and vocal) fan base that love to talk Raceland Football and I am maybe the most vocal along with you on bgp about Raceland and that may be translated to we are saying that we have the best program in the state every year. No one that I recall has ever predicted a state championship for Raceland. A few years ago I was one that thought that we had what it takes and would win a state title but I didn't out and out predict it on here. There was only one other season under Bill Tom Ross that I thought the same, can't remember the year but it was the senior year of J,Boggs, R.Cerniglia, M.Lacks and those guys.

Anyway like I said I think that may be the reason some think that about Raceland fans. My post here is a prime example of how Raceland fans will talk football, especially 1A and Ram football at any chance we get. I for one don't apologize for this thing called Ram Pride.

What I am saying here is that you guys have a passionate fanbase on here, so much so that it gets on my nerves sometimes but looking back on it I wish I had not goe there.

What I am saying here is that you guys have a passionate fanbase on here, so much so that it gets on my nerves sometimes but looking back on it I wish I had not goe there.

Understood. And, I can agree with all that you are saying. We are sometimes overzealous, but that is what we are here for. Most people would not know much about Raceland if not for BGP, this is just where we get to let everyone know who Raceland is, and what they have accomplished. Maybe someday soon we will get the opportunity to play your Mayfield in the finals, but until then we will just hope and promote for Raceland.

I'll say this, if Beechwood doesn't get one in 2011, then I like Mayfields chances alot more. The Cardinals will be as loaded in 2012 and 2013 as they are this year. Considering if these 2 meet next year, it'll be the Beechies taking that long haul west and even if they're the team to beat in 2011, it won't be easy to come into the Cardinals house and knock em off. Mayfield will still have a ton of athleticism and skill players, it just depends on how there young line comes through and what they get out of the QB position. If Jake Guhy develops as well as his brother Luke did, they could be in line for another title run, but, they'll still need there line to step up. I expect there defense to be every bit as good as this year and there running game to be improved.

Understood. And, I can agree with all that you are saying. We are sometimes overzealous, but that is what we are here for. Most people would not know much about Raceland if not for BGP, this is just where we get to let everyone know who Raceland is, and what they have accomplished. Maybe someday soon we will get the opportunity to play your Mayfield in the finals, but until then we will just hope and promote for Raceland.

Ram fans overzealous? Really?

No problems here ... gotta love the passion!

:eek:

:thumb:I would love to have had the state title run traditions of a Mayfield or Beechwood but we are no where in sight of those two. I do know that quite a few years Raceland was knocked out of the playoffs by the eventual state champion. Who knows if we would have had some runs/championships/appearances should the playoff/region parings would had been what they were now? Raceland has added to Ludlow's, Bellevue's, LCA's and last but not least NCC and Beechwood's state title runs through the playoffs. Beechwood so many times that we could have Budweiser as a sponsor and a Clydesdale pulling the team bus :deadhorse: , we were "Beechwood Aged". :ohbrother:

• 3 years later...