Trinity 28 Ryle 9

Xgrad-JAGdad

Way to go. Nice response. I am glad to know that he is the lone exception and not the rule. He is a legend and gives his heart and soul to the kids that he coaches. How many other youth coaches that you know have been recognized by the NFL? To see you sell him short just proves to me your lack of knowledge and history regarding the BCPWFL.

I'm not taking any credibility away from the man's efforts. I just simply feel it is silly to call a pee wee football coach a legend. It sounds funny just to type it. But in all seriousness, i have heard nothing but good things about him. Really though, a legend? I am now officially going back on topic. Ryle lost 28-9, cont...

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said! My son had a great experience in the league and had wonderful coaches. I am not against the BCPWFL in anyway I just feel that it makes sense that by the time these players reach the 7th & 8th grades they already know where they are going to HS and it would be in their best interest and the interest of their school for these players to be indoctrinated into the system of their respective schools. Look at the sucess that Highlands has on the freshman level year in and year out. Their coaches don't have to teach them their system because they have been running it their whole careers. They concentrate on the finer points and special teams and they are two steps ahead of every program in Northern Kentucky. Almost every year their freshman team is the best in NK. They don't have to waste time teaching a system they concentrate on refining their players and techniques. Yes, it is going to take more than a feeder program but it is the first and most important step.

We agree. Sadly, this is the way the league used to be set up. The league has a good foundation, why not just switch it back to where it was previously? Would really hate to see the league erode into oblivion.

I'm not taking any credibility away from the man's efforts. I just simply feel it is silly to call a pee wee football coach a legend. It sounds funny just to type it. But in all seriousness, i have heard nothing but good things about him. Really though, a legend? I am now officially going back on topic. Ryle lost 28-9, cont...

Who do you see starting at QB next season for Ryle? Aside from #34, who will be the top contributors? I really like the Pulice kid, nice player.

Who do you see starting at QB next season for Ryle? Aside from #34, who will be the top contributors? I really like the Pulice kid, nice player.

That will be hashed out in the winter and spring. Ryle will be replacing most of their offensive line, QB, RB, TE, WR's, DL, DE, 3 DB's, and the leading tackler in school history. There is a lot to consider in the off-season but i believe having travis elliott will make it easier to move forward.

Glad to see you post some thoughts after sitting on the sidelines for a couple of years. I take exception to your shots you take at the BCPWFL. It's a great league, and it has some outstanding coaches and has also developed some outstanding players such as Travis Elliot, Scotty Gray and Vince Murray just to name a few. Sounds like nothing but sour grapes to me because your kid didn't get much playing time. Perhaps it's time to work a little harder. I happen to have a very good friend who has coached in the BCPWFL for over 30 years and he flat out told me that the parents have screwed this up so many times that it's not even funny. The league used to be set up as a feeder system, but a group of parents didn't think it was "fair" because one particular school kept winning all of the championships. So, of course, the parents whined and changes were made. The problem is/was always the parents. They are the root of all problems with youth sports. Most are not able to properly evaluate their own son's talent level and then whine when they don't get to play enough. It's is tough world. It's competitive. Life is not fair. Suck it up.

I love the BCPWFL. It has helped my kids grow as young men, become good athletes and has taught them how to respect their fellow man. I am sure the league will be in a much better place now that Ryle has taken their chosen ones and started their own, superior feeder program. Good luck with that.

Glad to see you post some thoughts after sitting on the sidelines for a couple of years. I take exception to your shots you take at the BCPWFL. It's a great league, and it has some outstanding coaches and has also developed some outstanding players such as Travis Elliot, Scotty Gray and Vince Murray just to name a few. Sounds like nothing but sour grapes to me because your kid didn't get much playing time. Perhaps it's time to work a little harder. I happen to have a very good friend who has coached in the BCPWFL for over 30 years and he flat out told me that the parents have screwed this up so many times that it's not even funny. The league used to be set up as a feeder system, but a group of parents didn't think it was "fair" because one particular school kept winning all of the championships. So, of course, the parents whined and changes were made. The problem is/was always the parents. They are the root of all problems with youth sports. Most are not able to properly evaluate their own son's talent level and then whine when they don't get to play enough. It's is tough world. It's competitive. Life is not fair. Suck it up.

I love the BCPWFL. It has helped my kids grow as young men, become good athletes and has taught them how to respect their fellow man. I am sure the league will be in a much better place now that Ryle has taken their chosen ones and started their own, superior feeder program. Good luck with that.

I apologize if it sounded as if I was taking shots at the BCPWFL, that was not my intention. I was hoping to show some reasons why a good feeder system for Ryle would be a good thing that could eventually bear fruit for Ryle football. My son's experience in the BCPWFL was excellent, we liked his coach and he did a great job. I have no idea who is to blame for why the BCPWFL is structured the way it is (parents or whatever), and everyone we have ever met or worked with related to BCPWFL have been good, well intentioned people. I am sure that every great player to come thru Boone County could point to a great BCPWFL coach who helped them develop. I applaud all these coaches and volunteers who have given time to help young football players.

However, I disagree with your attitude towards players less talented and not happy with their playing time. It is less beneficial for kids and the Ryle football program as a whole for their feeder system to not be developmental over trying to win. I have no "sour grapes", my son was RB of the year in the BCPWFL.

Edited by Ram