Should Publics Forfeit Against Private Schools?

cshs81

Yes.....anyone remember the Trinity team with DeQuese May, TaShawn McBroom and company? I think DeQuese May was the only D1 scholarship player, to Villanova. I know TaShawn McBroon is at Alfred State. He's on several stats leaders lists in the NE Football Conference.

Were there others that went to schools below DI? If a school sends 1 to D1 and 4-5 to DII and 2-3 to NAIA and 4-6 to DIII, that is pretty strong. I have no clue on a number but if a school from one class sent over 6 to some collegiate level, that would seem to be a pretty strong class.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were there others that went to schools below DI? If a school sends 1 to D1 and 4-5 to DII and 2-3 to NAIA and 4-6 to DIII, that is pretty strong. I have no clue on a number but if a school from one class sent over 6 to some collegiate level, that would seem to be a pretty strong class.

I'll have to do some googling...:lol:

I'll have to do some googling...:lol:

Just looking at D1 is to me a misnomer. A team loaded with players that move on to the next level to play college ball, I would believe, is better than a team with 1-2 D1 players and that is it.

I have known many of athletes and more specifically parents that have felt that if their child did not end up at a D1 school, it was a disappointment. Playing at NAIA for a Georgetown, DII with an EKU or a DIII level with Thomas More is not and SHOULD not be a disappointment. Some look at it that way, though.

Just looking at D1 is to me a misnomer. A team loaded with players that move on to the next level to play college ball, I would believe, is better than a team with 1-2 D1 players and that is it.

I have known many of athletes and more specifically parents that have felt that if their child did not end up at a D1 school, it was a disappointment. Playing at NAIA for a Georgetown, DII with an EKU or a DIII level with Thomas More is not and SHOULD not be a disappointment. Some look at it that way, though.

I understand what you're saying. I'll need to look up old rosters, and then google names, yada yada yada....I'm in no way knowledgeable enough to produce such information without some research. :thumb:

I understand what you're saying. I'll need to look up old rosters, and then google names, yada yada yada....I'm in no way knowledgeable enough to produce such information without some research. :thumb:

Don't feel like you have to do all that googling unless you want to. You must have work that you would rather be doing. :p

That would be two good football threads. Which team had the most players go on to the next level and play football? Which team had the most players go on to professional football at some level?

Excuse me, Teach....did you just make my research project bigger? :lol:

D3 sports are set up like high school. You show up for tryouts or in the case of football you just show up. There aren't 'athletic' scholarships for NCAA D3 sports. Kids going to Centre, Hanover, Kenyon, etc aren't there to get a job playing in the NBA or NFL.

D3 sports are set up like high school. You show up for tryouts or in the case of football you just show up. There aren't 'athletic' scholarships for NCAA D3 sports. Kids going to Centre, Hanover, Kenyon, etc aren't there to get a job playing in the NBA or NFL.

It does not mean they were not recruited though. Some do go and show up for tryouts while some are recruited and the coach at the D3 school wants them there.