NKY frosh teams-

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does Holmes and Covcath have this year? They were both two of the better frosh teams last year? I know Holmes has a frosh with the last name of Herndon on the varsity roster that is a frosh. I've also heard that Jamonte Wilson should one of the best frosh players in nky this year for Holmes.

It's always tough every year to say what freshman teams will be good. It's an unknown because most of your good to great freshman will at sometime during the season playing up, especially at smaller schools. Dixie undoubtedly has the best freshman player, but he will be starting the 2 guard spot for the Varsity. Walton would have a great freshman team, but their 2 best players will be playing primarily varisty and some JV. Brossart has a good freshman class, but I expect because of their upperclassmen numbers, those better players will see JV and possibly varsity time. Campbell has 2 good freshman players, one already appears to be in a starting role for the JV the other I'm sure will see JV time at some point this year. It's this way every year. The better thread title might have been who are some of the freshman players to watch for this year. IMO, they are:

1. Brandon Hatton (Dixie) - All around STUD! He will be in the top 10, possibly top 5 in scoring in the NKY area.

2. Zach McNeil (Walton) - Another scoring guard starting varsity!

3. Jamonte Wilson (Holmes) - The little that I've seen of him could give Covington alot to cheer about over the next 4 years.

4. Nathan Verst (Brossart) - Another scoring guard who can fill up the bucket in bunches.

5. Brandon Hergott (HHS) - Wing player with size, athleticism and great touch.

Ones to watch: Tanner Moeves (Walton) Mustafa Diaw (Boone), Nick True (HHS), Cory Holbrook (CCHS), Garrett Geiman (CCHS), Sam Dressman (CovCath), Nick Pope (CovCath), Jalen Beal (HC??), Jalen Avery (HC??), Seth Hope (HHS)

It's always tough every year to say what freshman teams will be good. It's an unknown because most of your good to great freshman will at sometime during the season playing up, especially at smaller schools. Dixie undoubtedly has the best freshman player, but he will be starting the 2 guard spot for the Varsity. Walton would have a great freshman team, but their 2 best players will be playing primarily varisty and some JV. Brossart has a good freshman class, but I expect because of their upperclassmen numbers, those better players will see JV and possibly varsity time. Campbell has 2 good freshman players, one already appears to be in a starting role for the JV the other I'm sure will see JV time at some point this year. It's this way every year. The better thread title might have been who are some of the freshman players to watch for this year. IMO, they are:

1. Brandon Hatton (Dixie) - All around STUD! He will be in the top 10, possibly top 5 in scoring in the NKY area.

2. Zach McNeil (Walton) - Another scoring guard starting varsity!

3. Jamonte Wilson (Holmes) - The little that I've seen of him could give Covington alot to cheer about over the next 4 years.

4. Nathan Verst (Brossart) - Another scoring guard who can fill up the bucket in bunches.

5. Brandon Hergott (HHS) - Wing player with size, athleticism and great touch.

Ones to watch: Tanner Moeves (Walton) Mustafa Diaw (Boone), Nick True (HHS), Cory Holbrook (CCHS), Garrett Geiman (CCHS), Sam Dressman (CovCath), Nick Pope (CovCath), Jalen Beal (HC??), Jalen Avery (HC??), Seth Hope (HHS)

Add Drew Barker/Conner to your list. He will be playing JV and I'm going to assume he will dress varsity and get some minutes as the year goes on.

There are an awful lot of talented Freshman throughout area. One's not mentioned that are worthy of mentioning:

Schulte - NC / Rieger - Brossart / Buten - HHS / Burns - Brossart / Shannon - Brossart / Franzen - NC / Trentman - Brossart / Jennings - Brossart. All very nice nice players. Will be a lot of fun to watch how all of these kids grow and develop over next few years. Franzen and Shannon played football - so they'll have some catching up to do - especially Franzen. And that Conner group did have a nice 8th grade team last year. I seem to recall a big kid at Ryle that could handle the ball and nice jump shot that should be a frosh as well.

There are an awful lot of talented Freshman throughout area. One's not mentioned that are worthy of mentioning:

Schulte - NC / Rieger - Brossart / Buten - HHS / Burns - Brossart / Shannon - Brossart / Franzen - NC / Trentman - Brossart / Jennings - Brossart. All very nice nice players. Will be a lot of fun to watch how all of these kids grow and develop over next few years. Franzen and Shannon played football - so they'll have some catching up to do - especially Franzen. And that Conner group did have a nice 8th grade team last year. I seem to recall a big kid at Ryle that could handle the ball and nice jump shot that should be a frosh as well.

Tom Deters is who I think you refer to at Ryle. He is a fine freshman who also plays football.

Sounds like the Mustangs will have a pretty good squad.:thumb:

I have been told Rieger and Burns will not sniff any frosh time. Both playing up.

When you talk to Brossart faithful they are looking forward to watching this group and think this class is one of strongest if not the strongest freshman class they have ever had. They are deep / athletic and big. Will be interesting to see how that particular class grows and develops - a lot can change for these kids over next couple of years. so you never know - but they do have some talent.