NKY frosh teams-

TOG - Thanks. I heard Dressman is playing JV, but is he dressing Frosh as well? I did not hear on that. I understood your comment, and was commenting more on accountant's statement that two other young men are dressing JV. I would be very surprised if three frosh dress JV this early in the season for the Colonels. If so, our future looks bright!

I am under the imprssion that Mr. Dressman will only play JV. Ben Heppler and Brian Radcliff will play Frosh but will dress JV.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am under the imprssion that Mr. Dressman will only play JV. Ben Heppler and Brian Radcliff will play Frosh but will dress JV.

Wow I was not aware of this. I guess with so many triple headers on the schedule now, it makes it a bit easier for this to happen. Thanks!

TOG - Thanks. I heard Dressman is playing JV, but is he dressing Frosh as well? I did not hear on that. I understood your comment, and was commenting more on accountant's statement that two other young men are dressing JV. I would be very surprised if three frosh dress JV this early in the season for the Colonels. If so, our future looks bright!

Yes, Dressman will be playing only JV and will not dress freshman.

Heard that Seth Hope will be logging both Frosh and JV minutes at Highlands.

He is. Seth had a nice scrimmage at North Laurel today. Bunch of boards and 9 points with the varsity/jv squad(s). Looks like HHS has some solid players. Alex Dean had a sick spin move in the paint and Conner Crowley posted a solid game as well for the Birds today. Egan (? spelling) is a shooter. Man, better not let that kid set his feet. Stewart is still nursing an injury. Should be ready for opening day in a couple of weeks I am told. Frosh are making progress too. Drew Houliston and Ryan Green had a nice scrimmage for the frosh. Brandon Hergott, Seth Hope and Tyler Schweitzer were all over the glass. The Birds will be fun to watch this year. The Birds will make you work that is for sure. Coaching staff is doing a nice job with this unit.

He is. Seth had a nice scrimmage at North Laurel today. Bunch of boards and 9 points with the varsity/jv squad(s). Looks like HHS has some solid players. Alex Dean had a sick spin move in the paint and Conner Crowley posted a solid game as well for the Birds today. Egan (? spelling) is a shooter. Man, better not let that kid set his feet. Stewart is still nursing an injury. Should be ready for opening day in a couple of weeks I am told. Frosh are making progress too. Drew Houliston and Ryan Green had a nice scrimmage for the frosh. Brandon Hergott, Seth Hope and Tyler Schweitzer were all over the glass. The Birds will be fun to watch this year. The Birds will make you work that is for sure. Coaching staff is doing a nice job with this unit.

Hope may see less JV miinutes once the footballers (Collinsworth, Turner, McCoy and possibly Christian) come back but what a nice opportunity to improve his skills and get better against good competition.

Hope may see less JV miinutes once the footballers (Collinsworth, Turner, McCoy and possibly Christian) come back but what a nice opportunity to improve his skills and get better against good competition.

Maybe. Outside of Collinsworth, however, not sure the others can/will play a 4/5. Christian, I am told is focusing on football (going to be a good one). Hope may end up being a football, only, athlete as well. Still nice to see him do well. The others are NOT likely to play inside (4/5). More likely 2/3's IMO.

Maybe. Outside of Collinsworth, however, not sure the others can/will play a 4/5. Christian, I am told is focusing on football (going to be a good one). Hope may end up being a football, only, athlete as well. Still nice to see him do well. The others are NOT likely to play inside (4/5). More likely 2/3's IMO.

Agreed on the true position of Hope, however if Christian doesn't play, he will likely fill his role. The JV will likely start Witte, Turner, Collinsworth,McCoy and True at the 1-5 spots and then sub Hope and 6'2 Gronotte at the 4/5. Hinkle at the 1, Carter 3.Bottom line is they lack numbers for depth and Hope can take advantage of this. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hergott move up also eventually.

Agreed on the true position of Hope, however if Christian doesn't play, he will likely fill his role. The JV will likely start Witte, Turner, Collinsworth,McCoy and True at the 1-5 spots and then sub Hope and 6'2 Gronotte at the 4/5. Hinkle at the 1, Carter 3.Bottom line is they lack numbers for depth and Hope can take advantage of this. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hergott move up also eventually.

I agree with you on who "should" start JV, however, looking back at who started last year you may be surprised. Last year the "basketball only" players definitely got more playing/starting time over the football players, even though some of them were much better, showing a definite bias. They do have a new JV coach this year though in Lykins (last years frosh coach), so it may be different.

I agree with you on who "should" start JV, however, looking back at who started last year you may be surprised. Last year the "basketball only" players definitely got more playing/starting time over the football players, even though some of them were much better, showing a definite bias. They do have a new JV coach this year though in Lykins (last years frosh coach), so it may be different.

Well, IMO Gronotte, Hinkle and Carter are the JV kids who need as much gametime as possible for development. They have the advantage in that they are strictly basketball along with Witte. As far as the football upperclassmen, it will likely take them some time to get their legs under them and during that time I would expect Hope to get a bunch of minutes and do very well. He is a tall kid, I would love to see both he and Hergott get up to 6'4 to go along with other Frosh Nick True at 6'5. The frosh have a very nice group who will definitely be the benefactors of very good intense coaching from Geiman. I would expect them to win most of their games this season.

Saw where McNeil was the hero in the varsity game at Walton.

Holbrook for Camp. Co. had 3 three's and another bucket for the varsity.

Verst from Brossart led the scoring for both the Frosh and the JV teams in victories over St. Henry.

How have some of the freshman teams fared so far or which frosh players have had good games playing up early in the season?