Ryle 28 Highlands 26

Actually, a healthy Compton is HHS best runner. Towles also gets it done quite nicely. I don't mean to take anything from his contributions.

Was Compton not healthy last week? Just curious because he didnt get a lot of carries. He definitely runs hard but to be honest the Offense doesnt have a "game changer" like they did last year with AC or Bardo.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlands played a 3-3-5 set. They worked in a 4-3 set and Ryle went 3 and out. They couldnt run this much because they dont have many blitz packages out of this set. This is changing this week in practice.

:sssh: Everything you know doesn't need to be shared. :D

Was Compton not healthy last week? Just curious because he didnt get a lot of carries. He definitely runs hard but to be honest the Offense doesnt have a "game changer" like they did last year with AC or Bardo.

He got hurt fairly seriously in the first Ryle game. I was told that his touches would be limited in the second meeting, but no reason was given. They wanted him healthy down the road. He's not a game changer like the two from last year, but when healthy he definitely moves the offense along nicely. I think he'll come out early this week if the lead gets to a comfortable point.

He got hurt fairly seriously in the first Ryle game. I was told that his touches would be limited in the second meeting, but no reason was given. They wanted him healthy down the road. He's not a game changer like the two from last year, but when healthy he definitely moves the offense along nicely. I think he'll come out early this week if the lead gets to a comfortable point.

I don't know about being a game changer but for a power back he can sure rip off a big play now and again. I can think of two over 70 yards this year, even with his limited action. He and Sullivan healthy will make all the difference in the playoffs. Hope it happens.

Highlands played a 3-3-5 set. They worked in a 4-3 set and Ryle went 3 and out. They couldnt run this much because they dont have many blitz packages out of this set. This is changing this week in practice.

In my opinion, this is a great idea. Highlands has two very athletic defensive ends, and a very good NT. They were selflessly sacrificing their bodies to help the LBs get to the ball. However, w/ so many LBs injured or inexperienced, I think that this will certainly help Highlands control the line of scrimmage. Now those players get 1-on-1 blocking in passing situations which will allow them to get a rush w/out sacrificing as much in coverage, particularly the middle and deep middle 1/3rd.

I don't know about being a game changer but for a power back he can sure rip off a big play now and again. I can think of two over 70 yards this year, even with his limited action. He and Sullivan healthy will make all the difference in the playoffs. Hope it happens.

It is definitely an adjustment to adapt to losses of starters for high school teams. It's not like college where every backup was a high school all-star, too. I believe the Birds will adapt and get the job done in the playoffs. I hope that Compton and Sullivan are healthy when needed for the stretch run. 20n10 as the Sweeper says. Good luck to the Birds.

In my opinion, this is a great idea. Highlands has two very athletic defensive ends, and a very good NT. They were selflessly sacrificing their bodies to help the LBs get to the ball. However, w/ so many LBs injured or inexperienced, I think that this will certainly help Highlands control the line of scrimmage. Now those players get 1-on-1 blocking in passing situations which will allow them to get a rush w/out sacrificing as much in coverage, particularly the middle and deep middle 1/3rd.

The middle and deep middle 1/3 was open against Ryle because the free was having to make too many tackles.