A Great Investing Decision

Clyde

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never really done any investing on my own....How and where do I go about doing this? I'd be very interested to get involved in with Facebook.

First question would be to determine if you have cash that you will NOT need short-term ie a few years. If so, then you're ready to start investing.

The Facebook IPO is going to be a mess for the average Joe. We don't have the resources to get pricing like the big boys. I think it might be worth it to get in and hold for a while. A company that makes 90% of it's profits from ads worries me a little bit. Some are saying IPO of around $30. It would be a miracle if you got it for under 40 IMO depeding on the price of course of course. What I am saying is it's going to be hard to get a good price out of the gate. It's going to be extremely volatile.

The Facebook IPO is going to be a mess for the average Joe. We don't have the resources to get pricing like the big boys. I think it might be worth it to get in and hold for a while. A company that makes 90% of it's profits from ads worries me a little bit. Some are saying IPO of around $30. It would be a miracle if you got it for under 40 IMO depeding on the price of course of course. What I am saying is it's going to be hard to get a good price out of the gate. It's going to be extremely volatile.

When does it become public?

What online stock broker does everyone use? What do you think of them?

I'm probably going to transfer my account away from optionshouse soon, simply because they do not purchase fractional shares with a dividend reinvestment plan.

Just wanted to hear what other people were using.

What online stock broker does everyone use? What do you think of them?

I'm probably going to transfer my account away from optionshouse soon, simply because they do not purchase fractional shares with a dividend reinvestment plan.

Just wanted to hear what other people were using.

Just curious but why is that such a big deal for you? I would be way more concerned with the fees I'd be getting charged. I have an account at Zecco and one with E-Trade. I prefer to use Zecco simply because it's cheaper. I use E-Trade to do my research.

Just curious but why is that such a big deal for you? I would be way more concerned with the fees I'd be getting charged. I have an account at Zecco and one with E-Trade. I prefer to use Zecco simply because it's cheaper. I use E-Trade to do my research.

The stocks I'm currently in are some of the best paying dividend stocks. I picked them for that reason and many of the stocks I'm in have been increasing their dividend for 25+ years. If that money is reinvested through fractional shares I'll earn much more money over the amount of time I own those stocks than I would by simply those stocks paying me a cash dividend.