A Great Investing Decision

Clyde

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see going a few days but you make it seem like it's been months since you checked. I have no idea how you can do that.

I'm long, dude. No need to check that often.

I get updates on the business. I just don't check the stock price.

To your question, it's probably been a month or so since I last looked.

So I did go back and check, HT, just for you. I added to Apple not too long ago . Overall I'm up 45%. Up 62% on Apple in another account (wife IRA I moved).

Netflix + 205%

Amazon + 54%

Nationa-Oilwell Varco - +30%

Ford + 11%

Medco Health + 27%

Schwab down 23%

Apple still getting it done. I'm up 85% with them. Up 58% with Ford. Up 193% with Dolby. Up 486% with NetFlix. Up 86% with Charles Schwab. Up 53% with Amazon.

The above is from Jan 2011. Down compared to then . I sold Dolby for a nice profit.

How is everyone doing? Any new plans or tips for the new year? I think I am going to take out my position with HBAN soon, they reported so so earning and it's just going to go back and fourth for a while I think.

I'm doing pretty good so far this year. I still plan to change my investing strategy using some of the FOOL stocks from my free trial, but I have yet to do that. Not really sure what I'm waiting for to be honest.

So I did go back and check, HT, just for you. I added to Apple not too long ago . Overall I'm up 45%. Up 62% on Apple in another account (wife IRA I moved).

Netflix + 205%

Amazon + 54%

Ford + 11%

Medco Health + 27%

Schwab down 23%

The above is from Jan 2011. Down compared to then . I sold Dolby for a nice profit.

Pretty impressive work Clizzy.

I've signed up for the free trial of the stock advisor on Fool.com. Definitely very interesting.

For people who trade online and get dividends....if you reinvest those can your online trading company purchase fractional shares? I use optionshouse and they said they do not purchase fractional shares.

TDAmeritrade purchases fractional shares if you automatically reinvest the $ earned through dividends.

Netflix + 205%

Amazon + 54%

Ford + 11%

Medco Health + 27%

Schwab down 23%

Well done.

I try to think more long-term, but I have a difficult time thinking "long-term" when a particular stock is up significantly.

And by "significantly", I mean 50%+

It's a challenge for many. I've done pretty well with riding them higher even after a good run by the stock. I don't need the money soon so it's easier to do. If you're using that stock to come up with a down payment then you have to be more conservative.