A Great Investing Decision

Clyde

I'm moved all my money in my 401K to one bank stock that took a monster hit during that time and more than tripled what I had on the rebound. Granted mine is young and has a lot less risk than others. I'm only 24. That's not a bad thought process.

While I didn't go with just one stock I did go heavy into Apple which worked out well.

And for the record I passed 24 quite a while ago.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

I'd like to get an active thread about stocks going on. We can give each other advice, say what we're invested in and so on.

Right now my portfolio looks like this...

15% in silver

28% in stocks

57% in a mutual fund

I've invested in silver coins up to this point.

The mutual fund I have money in is the Vanguard Small Cap Growth Index.

I have money spread evenly through 11 stocks. They are Bank of America, Citigroup, Colgate-Palmolive Company,Diebold, Emerson Electric, General Electric, Genuine Parts Company, Hansen Medical, 3M Company, Proctor & Gamble and Warner Chilcott.

Were these Fool stock picks?

Yes, they were recommendations in a service they have that I subscribe to. I don't invest in many of the recommendations but have had success in picking more winners than losers.

Yes, they were recommendations in a service they have that I subscribe to. I don't invest in many of the recommendations but have had success in picking more winners than losers.

I have a hard time shelling out the money to invest in those things. I'm sure it would be worth it, but I just have a hard time bringing myself to do it.

I have a hard time shelling out the money to invest in those things. I'm sure it would be worth it, but I just have a hard time bringing myself to do it.

I think it's $150 to $200 per year. Hard to not get that money back. Plus it's extremely educational.

I'm about 85% in stocks and the rest in mutual funds on the stuff I control.

I've been sitting on HBAN with about 75-80% of that for the last few months waiting for it to go up and it did. My position is slightly above $5. I will probably get some money at soon and look at something else. I just don't know what yet. This is my "play" investment fund the rest of my money is way more diversified.

I think it's $150 to $200 per year. Hard to not get that money back. Plus it's extremely educational.

I have a feeling APPL still has a long way to go. They are getting into the TV business. Could be big time.