A Great Investing Decision

Clyde

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys are into value investing at all, I'm taking a very cool class on it right now. Some stocks we've looked into include Haliburton (HAL), Compass Minerals (CMP), Corning (GLW).

Also, what sites do you use to trade? I just set up an E*Trade account recently for myself.

You'll get $2.65 per share you own.
Awesome!

I also read that this move (issuing dividends) will open up the stock to investment by certain funds that do not allow investing in non-dividend producing stocks. This should serve to drive up the price. Also, the stock buy-back will concentrate the ownership, which, I would think, will serve the same purpose.

Awesome!

I also read that this move (issuing dividends) will open up the stock to investment by certain funds that do not allow investing in non-dividend producing stocks. This should serve to drive up the price. Also, the stock buy-back will concentrate the ownership, which, I would think, will serve the same purpose.

I have read nothing about this, but stocks like Apple sometimes issue dividends in a one-time or "special" fashion. I believe this excludes them from many institutional investing criteria.

If you guys are into value investing at all, I'm taking a very cool class on it right now. Some stocks we've looked into include Haliburton (HAL), Compass Minerals (CMP), Corning (GLW).

Also, what sites do you use to trade? I just set up an E*Trade account recently for myself.

I'm in Corning right now.

I use Tradeking. It has cheap trades. I have nothing bad to say about it. I don't do any research on there though. I do research other places online.

• 2 weeks later...