Henry County 44 Trimble County 6

'ol#70

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll never apologize for standing up for my team and my school. However, I should have let the words of others speak for themselves (i.e., the need to puff themselves up at the expense of smaller, struggling teams).

For several years, our team has played a struggling 1A team in our district. We've won handily each time, though this year could certainly be different. Our kids have celebrated the win, but I can say that I've never gotten on here "yawning" or claiming that the other team was asking for a running clock.

For my last post in this thread, I'll add that the injured Raider, our starting quarterback Jordan Blanton, will not recover soon. He has an ACL tear and will have surgery. He was devastated, but has a good spirit and will now focus on cheering on his team, win or lose, and preparing for college.

Good luck to HC the rest of the season. I'd be happy to call my neighbors 3A state champs. :thumb:

What are you trying to accomplish? Shouldn't you be focusing on Anderson County at this point, instead of running your mouth about opponents from the past? You should really get your facts straight before making your false assumptions. Now, you can reply with some unintelligent post, but the bottom line is that you do not know what you are talking about. C'mon Percy get me out of here.

Edited by Ram

For one thing, the only team on our schedule with a smaller roster than us is Trimble. Holy Cross is a top three school in their class, Anderson, South Oldham are both 5a, Owensboro Cath. is in the top ten in 2a our district is pretty srong and it just so happens that our local competition has ben a little down for the past few years. As far as going deeper in the playoffs, for the past two years we were put out by the State Champs and the runner up last year. So you explain to me how much more prepared a different schedule will get us.

Just out of curiosity, who is #1 and #2 in Class A? I can hardly see HC as a top 3. Maybe top 5.

I know we go back and forth with one another, but this message is for the coaches and players at Trimble County. It can not be easy going through a season as you are experiencing this year. I know its hard making it to practice on Monday when Friday nights aren't going so well. I know this because I went through a similar season. You must keep going forward in this battle. Believe it or not, you are making memories with your football buddies that will last a lifetime. 10 or 20 years from now you will see team mate and share a laugh and wonder how in the world we finished that season. Footbal teaches many life lessons. The most important is to not quit and walk away when things are not going well. You will have occasion in your lives when you can call on this season's experience and know everything will be alright. You have earned the respect of many just by staying the course. Here's hoping that sometime this season you can celebrate on Friday night. Keep your heads up, finish what you started and know you are doing what many could not and would not tattempt.