Record Number In Government Anti-Poverty Programs

What would have happened to those dealerships had GM and Chrysler gone bankrupt. That is ONE dog that won't hunt in this debate. The Auto Bail-Out was a good thing, hands down.

Wrong. Hands down. You asked for information on specific polcies that cost jobs, they you try to discount them?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are suggesting that the money disappears when it is collected in taxes.

It is not absurd. The state put together an awesome tax incentive package for Harley Davidson to move from the NE. Harley used it as leverage against the Union, got concessions and stayed. If it was really about the tax package they would have come, because the tax incentive package was way better than what they have now.

You fail to take into account the cost of moving operations and re-training people. It was best for them to stay put, so they did.

You fail to take into account the cost of moving operations and re-training people. It was best for them to stay put, so they did.

It was best for them to squeeze the union so they did. Tax breaks would have offset those costs and more, that is why the breaks were given. And the more jobs they created the better the breaks became.

The passing of Obamacare is one of the policies that I blame him for. I feel it's already had a negative impact because it's affected growth.

I'd say his overstated demonization of business and his anti-business attitude are holding back investment and growth. Businesses are concerned about increased taxes and escalated costs of new regulation.

For the record, I don't blame only Obama, I also blame the Bush administration, the Democrats and the Republicans in the House and senate over the last several years. My gripe with Obama is he only wants to blame Bush, one of the many reasons I feel Obama is a very poor leader.

Agree completely.

It was best for them to squeeze the union so they did. Tax breaks would have offset those costs and more, that is why the breaks were given. And the more jobs they created the better the breaks became.

Of course they squeezed the union, just as unions have squeezed companies. Nothing new there.

Obviously the breaks did not represent enough of a difference for them to move their long time base. Nothing wrong with that at all.

• 1 month later...
The passing of Obamacare is one of the policies that I blame him for. I feel it's already had a negative impact because it's affected growth.

I'd say his overstated demonization of business and his anti-business attitude are holding back investment and growth. Businesses are concerned about increased taxes and escalated costs of new regulation.

For the record, I don't blame only Obama, I also blame the Bush administration, the Democrats and the Republicans in the House and senate over the last several years. My gripe with Obama is he only wants to blame Bush, one of the many reasons I feel Obama is a very poor leader.

Just got my new health insurance rates and they did go up despite the assurance of our President and his party that they wouldn't.