Raceland 35 Boyd County 7

SportNut

Congratulations to Raceland on the win. The game was sloppy thanks to injuries, penalties, turnovers, a rain storm, and a lightning delay. Tyler Farley is definitely the face of the Rams this season. They'll go as far as he takes them. Boyd County has some work to do.

Edited by ryanparker

Yes very sloppy game. Thank goodness for the lightning delay it allowed me run home and change from the rain storm :) I think both teams have a lot to improve on but it's a step in the right direction. I was really impressed with Evans (BC's QB) for a young fella, he showed he has a good arm and some quality ball fakes.

Thunderstruck

Lightning crashes party, Rams unfazed in season opener

Rocky Stanley The Independent

RACELAND — Quick-starting Raceland got new head coach T.J. Maynard off to a successful start Saturday night.

Senior quarterback Tyler Farley accounted for three touchdowns in the first 10 minutes and the Rams went on to beat Boyd County 35-7.

“Obviously, we wanted to get this thing started in the right direction,’’ said Maynard, previously a five-year assistant coach with the Rams. “Beating a 4A school was a big plus.’’

Link

The Farley kid must have been a beast last night, 5 TDs.

He played well, and Scotty Craft made him look even better with some amazing catches.

The Rams have a lot to work on, a lot. But, they had some bright spots last night. Our call this year should be, "get experience and make it to the playoffs".

Farley threw 3 INT's. A stronger team may have capitalized on those Int's.

Farley threw into double coverage in the end zone on 4th down once. He tried to force a few. But I seen his receivers pull up two or three times because they herd footsteps. I know that is why one of them got picked off. I know that a receiver could have broken up another one of those if he had streached out a little. But he let up because he didn't want the contact. And the result was, INT Farley ran the ball really well. It just scares me when he does run. We have to have him on the field. All in all I thought he played well.

The Farley kid must have been a beast last night, 5 TDs.

He was good. As another poster pointed out, he did throw 3 interceptions as well, though. Whether or not you blame him for the interceptions, I would take them with a grain of salt because Raceland runs an offense like the Hal Mumme-led Kentucky Wildcats. I would expect Farley to have big numbers this season, sometimes positive and maybe even sometimes negative.

He was good. As another poster pointed out, he did throw 3 interceptions as well, though. Whether or not you blame him for the interceptions, I would take them with a grain of salt because Raceland runs an offense like the Hal Mumme-led Kentucky Wildcats. I would expect Farley to have big numbers this season, sometimes positive and maybe even sometimes negative.

Early in the season I think you have to take the good with the bad. 3 picks isn't great, but at least they won and he did seem to make up for it for the rest of the game. :thumb:

Early in the season I think you have to take the good with the bad. 3 picks isn't great, but at least they won and he did seem to make up for it for the rest of the game. :thumb:

I completely agree. In my opinion, he's the best QB around here. I think it's a smart move for Raceland to basically put the outcome of the game squarely on his shoulders.