Disney advice

sweet16

Save and pay the money to stay at one of the resort hotels. The difference between transporting crabby children after a long day in the park through the crowd, traffic and to an outside hotel, and falling off the monorail into your hotel bed, is well worth the extra money.

We are going to do that next time. We have a time share in Orlando that we are using this time. It has its own water park. We walk out of our room and directly into a water park.

My wife found a scavenger hunt in the Magic Kingdom. At the end you get to interact with Peter Pan and company. It was neat for our kids. I don't remember what it cost.

Our best stay was at Yacht Club. Great pool, easy access to parks. Plus the staying on site Extra Hours are a great way for dad to put the kids to bed and go back to Test Track and Space Mountain a few extra times.

There's a 50's restaurant in MGM where the food is pretty good but the staff yells at you old school style for things like "don't put your elbows on the table" and such. It was a good alternative to the character meals.

Best character meals for princesses was at Epcot next to the boat ride. I don't remember if it was the Netherlands or what but there's only one there I think.

Breakfast with Pooh in the Crystal Palace one day is cool. Also breakfast in the hotel that the monorail goes through is good and lots of characters - Chip and Dale, Mickey and Minnie, Goofy, etc.

I would think October would be a great time to go - not too hot, not too crowded. Have fun!

My wife found a scavenger hunt in the Magic Kingdom. At the end you get to interact with Peter Pan and company. It was neat for our kids. I don't remember what it cost.

Our best stay was at Yacht Club. Great pool, easy access to parks. Plus the staying on site Extra Hours are a great way for dad to put the kids to bed and go back to Test Track and Space Mountain a few extra times.

There's a 50's restaurant in MGM where the food is pretty good but the staff yells at you old school style for things like "don't put your elbows on the table" and such. It was a good alternative to the character meals.

Best character meals for princesses was at Epcot next to the boat ride. I don't remember if it was the Netherlands or what but there's only one there I think.

Breakfast with Pooh in the Crystal Palace one day is cool. Also breakfast in the hotel that the monorail goes through is good and lots of characters - Chip and Dale, Mickey and Minnie, Goofy, etc.

I would think October would be a great time to go - not too hot, not too crowded. Have fun!

Thanks

My favorite restaurant on Disney property is the Ohana restaurant at the Polynesian Resort. It is a family style meal and there is lots going on in the restuarant for children. Very fun night with great food.

Like everything at Disney it isn't cheap.

If you are interested in going here you need to make reservations yesterday. Hard to get in sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...