2010 Greater Cincinnati Class B Div. 1 Champs

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm with ya on that one. Maybe we will see next year. Heard something is in the works.

Send them down to Lexington to play the 12 year old All-Stars of the Cal Ripken League. That'd be fun to watch!

Well there is a Cal Ripken League in Lexington that consists of 3 different divisional areas. North, South, and Southeast. Each are has about 10 teams which consist of players ages 9-12 and evenly balanced. After the season each respective age group forms an all star team from the teams in their area. So the best 12 year olds in Southeast Lexington are 1 team, and the same goes for South Lexington as well as North Lexington. Then who ever wins the districts out of these 3 teams (pool play) moves onto state then regionals, then the world series in the Pittsburgh area. If you know anyone on that Wildcats team that would be interested, I know the contacts from the Southeast team and maybe we could work something out. Maybe some type of tournament in the northern kentucky area or down in Lexington.

The Wildcats are a team of 13 year olds and not 12 year olds, but it would still be a good experience for both teams I am sure. Better get that game set up quick as football season is right around the corner and most of them are football players as well.

Congrats to the Wildcats on a good season and second Knothole title in the last three years.

The Wildcats are a team of 13 year olds and not 12 year olds, but it would still be a good experience for both teams I am sure. Better get that game set up quick as football season is right around the corner and most of them are football players as well.

Congrats to the Wildcats on a good season and second Knothole title in the last three years.

I coach the 10 yr old all stars but I could get in contact with the 12 yr old coach if someone could forward on the information on the wildcats. Of if anyone knows of any 10 yr old tournaments around?

I have heard that HHS baseball coaches are licking their chops with this group. I heard the other day that this group of boys won the City Championship as a 2nd yr C Class team, 1st yr B Class team and 2nd yr B Class team. Wow! that is very impressive, has this ever been done before?

Wow!! 31-1 season. Is this a record of some type for a Greater Cinti Class B Champion?

Yes I would say both have been done before. There has been A LOT of great successful knothole teams through the years. I am not taking anything away from them though, because for anyone to do what they have done the last 3 years is a GREAT accomplishment and shows they have one heck of a team.

Congrats to the Wildcats for an awesome yr of Baseball. Even though they came up a little short in Lex this weekend it should not diminsh the accomplishments of this very, very talented group of kids. Thanks so much to the coaching staff and mothers for treating my son like he is one of their own. These coaches and parents went above and beyond what most do for their teams. A very passionate group of men that taught my son lessons both on the field and off this yr. Cant put a price tag on this kind of good stuff. Congrats and Go Wildcats.

Yes I would say both have been done before. There has been A LOT of great successful knothole teams through the years. I am not taking anything away from them though, because for anyone to do what they have done the last 3 years is a GREAT accomplishment and shows they have one heck of a team.

Maybe not, because the knothole tournaments just started going to city champions every year like two years ago.

It used to be just D-2, C-2, B-2 and A ball. Now city champs for 6 different classes.

Reminds me of the old Muddogs team from years ago. A mix of kids from Bellevue, Ft. T, Southgate that won the City B championship. Congrats to those young Wildcats! I know it's a big thrill!

What makes dem Wildcats WILD?

Congrats to the Wildcats for an awesome yr of Baseball. Even though they came up a little short in Lex this weekend it should not diminsh the accomplishments of this very, very talented group of kids. Thanks so much to the coaching staff and mothers for treating my son like he is one of their own. These coaches and parents went above and beyond what most do for their teams. A very passionate group of men that taught my son lessons both on the field and off this yr. Cant put a price tag on this kind of good stuff. Congrats and Go Wildcats.

Well said Sweep!

Speaking of price tag, I heard something soooo ridiculous that it really is pathetic. Speaking to the parents of a team from Nashville, we were told that this team has tryouts that require a $1000 fee. That's right a non-refundable $1000 fee to just try out. They have 20 kids tryout and keep 15. Too bad so sad for the five that are cut. Non-refundable! WOW!!! Maybe it's me and I'm clueless, but nobody can convince me that that is not only right but worth it.

Oh, did I mention that the NKY Wildcats beat that team. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!