Is Bieger out at Cooper?

After an on-field rant during Saturday's game, I hear coach Bieger has been suspended. I will hold my comments but I will say a lot of things he said during this game I agree with but maybe the timing and how he did it was not the best.

I also heard the AD Wilhoit is leaving to become Dixie's AD. This I heard last week and is unrelated to the baseball incident.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After an on-field rant during Saturday's game, I hear coach Bieger has been suspended. I will hold my comments but I will say a lot of things he said during this game I agree with but maybe the timing and how he did it was not the best.

I also heard the AD Wilhoit is leaving to become Dixie's AD. This I heard last week and is unrelated to the baseball incident.

Bieger is a great coach and keeps baseball fields in great condition. I would try and keep him around if I was Cooper :thumb:

I hadn't heard anything about the on-field rant you're talking about, and I don't know what it was about, but I will say it doesn't surprise me that it happened. I've known Bob Bieger for over 20 years. He is absolutely passionate about everything he does - to a fault. He's even more passionate about baseball. He is usually very logical when forming his opinions and taking sides when it comes to matters of debate. That being said, Bob's Achilles heel is the fact that in some circumstances, he has a hard time getting his passion to take a back seat to the situation in which he finds himself. He absolutely does have respect for authority, but he has a hard time holding his tongue when he feels like fair play, due process, or "the right thing" is being threatened.

I miss having him at Cov Cath.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Typo

I hadn't heard anything about the on-field rant you're talking about, and I don't know what it was about, but I will say it doesn't surprise me that it happened. I've known Bob Bieger for over 20 years. He is absolutely passionate about everything he does - to a fault. He's even more passionate about baseball. He is usually very logical when forming his opinions and taking sides on when it comes to matters of debate. That being said, Bob's Achilles heel is the fact that in some circumstances, he has a hard time getting his passion to take a back seat to the situation in which he finds himself. He absolutely does have respect for authority, but he has a hard time holding his tongue when he feels like fair play, due process, or "the right thing" is being threatened.

I miss having him at Cov Cath.

I would hate to see him go if that's what happens. I love baseball and I love to have a coach that is just as passionate. Let's just say he wants to win a championship NOW and Cooper, being a second year school, just doesn't have the talent yet. Several of these kids would not be on the team if Cooper wasn't built and they were at Conner, Ryle or Boone. Having said that, the kids are 15-15 and by far the most successful of the "big three" sports to this point.

I would hate to see him go if that's what happens. I love baseball and I love to have a coach that is just as passionate. Let's just say he wants to win a championship NOW and Cooper, being a second year school, just doesn't have the talent yet. Several of these kids would not be on the team if Cooper wasn't built and they were at Conner, Ryle or Boone. Having said that, the kids are 15-15 and by far the most successful of the "big three" sports to this point.

And with Bieger as the Head man, Cooper has a real chance of his taking this team to the Ninth Region next year! 15/15 for a second year program is indeed an outstanding record considering the teams that Cooper has played.

I thought Tom Spritzkey was Dixie's AD. Has he stepped down?

I thought Tom Spritzkey was Dixie's AD. Has he stepped down?

I'm not sure what's going on but I heard this from 4 different people. From what I understand I don't think many coaches will be sad to see him go but I'm not sure the whole story there. It could have just as much to do with the Principal. I think he does a good job academically but not sure how he does supporting the athletic programs.

I was told Bieger will be back on Saturday for practice and will be able to coach Districts. After that, a decision will be made.

The assistant coaches will coach the games Thursday and Friday.