Healthcare Homestretch

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And how many times does the CBO's "estimates" hit the mark or come in below budget? Let's just say that Mendoza, the weatherman, and Shaq's foul shooting percentage are all significantly higher... In this case, past performance is highly indicative of future results...

My answer is that I have found one instance where that has occurred and the jury is still out because the program is in its infancy and will likely cost more than projected as the years plow by. I have found over a dozen in the last 20 years that are above cost projections and most of those over are over by 2 fold more than projected.

Exactly, but since it's something the left wants, how dare us question it. :thumb:

Remember. All the tricks are out to make this look like it fits in a budget.

1. You pay for for two years before it starts paying out. So you will be paying for THIS new healthcare for two years while you still pay your CURRENT healthcare. You double pay for 2 years. I am sure these funds will go into Al Gores lock box and not be touched and the funds will be invested and grow like any investment....just like social security payments.

2. Supposedly $500B comes out of Medicare. This is supposed to be a REDUCTION, not the cutting of growth. But seniors will not suffer a reduction in service for this $500B cut. When it comes times to make the real cuts and start to deny benefits Congress will fund it. Some how, some way.

3. Doctors pay will be limited or cut. Hence why 2/3s may leave the profession according this weeks report.

4. Abortions will likely be tax payer funded. This is clearly a key goal.

5. etc. etc.

1. You pay for for two years before it starts paying out. So you will be paying for THIS new healthcare for two years while you still pay your CURRENT healthcare. You double pay for 2 years. I am sure these funds will go into Al Gores lock box and not be touched and the funds will be invested and grow like any investment....just like social security payments.

2. Supposedly $500B comes out of Medicare. This is supposed to be a REDUCTION, not the cutting of growth. But seniors will not suffer a reduction in service for this $500B cut. When it comes times to make the real cuts and start to deny benefits Congress will fund it. Some how, some way.

3. Doctors pay will be limited or cut. Hence why 2/3s may leave the profession according this weeks report.

5. etc. etc.

The number I have heard is 4 years.

I heard an interesting analogy on this. A guy was saying:

1. You go to a car lot and pick out a car.

2. You finance the car and pay for it for 4 years.

3. You can't drive the car it has to sit there and wait.

4. Then after 4 years you get the car.

5. So now you have a 4 year old car that you have to share with other people.

6. Then if you do have to get it fixed you'll have to wait for weeks, because so many of the people who used to do repair work left the industry because the government limited their pay.

7. But it's all good, because the repair work will be free when they can get to it.

5. etc. etc.

I think that is a key for many. But IMO the ultimate goal is power and control.

5. etc. etc.

Where do you people get this stuff. Have you read the abortion language in the bill? I have. The bill does not allow ANY change in funding for elective abortion, period. If the funding is suh a budget gimmic, why are the savings so much larger IN THE SECOND TEN YEARS.

Where do you people get this stuff. Have you read the abortion language in the bill? I have. The bill does not allow ANY change in funding for elective abortion, period. If the funding is suh a budget gimmic, why are the savings so much larger IN THE SECOND TEN YEARS.

"The Bill"? There are 2. The one that they are looking to pass is the SENATE version. It contains the tojan horse to taxpayer funded abortions.

If you go completely bankrupt in the first ten years the 2nd ten years hardly matter.

The biggest part of the so called savings is smoke and mirrors.

They are going to force people to buy insurance, and people who can't afford it are going to be subsidized. By forcing everyone to buy insurance there's more money in the pool to subsidize internally. The rest will come out of your taxes.

Therefore the bulk of the money isn't going to go to the govenment directly and be paid back out. It's going to insurance companies or (eventually) a government run insurance company.

By doing it this way they can "claim" that it's not coming out of your taxes. It is however, coming out of your pocket.

They are taking away the freedom of choice of people who do not wish to purchase insurance. Basically it will be a condition of being a US citizen. It opens the door to the government compelling US citizens, under punishment of law, to do other things the government may deem necessary. Anyone who believes that it stops here is kidding themselves.

This is a huge step in the erosion of our rights. And a step towards tyranny.

Edited by coldweatherfan

"The Bill"? There are 2. The one that they are looking to pass is the SENATE version. It contains the tojan horse to taxpayer funded abortions.

If you go completely bankrupt in the first ten years the 2nd ten years hardly matter.

I have read the Senate version. It is the only one under consideration and there is NO trojan horse. It very clearly prohibits federal funds for any expansion of current federal policy regarding abortion. Have you read it? If you have, please cite the language that you believe contains the "Trojan horse". Please be specific. I posted this request, along with the Senate language in a different thread.