Healthcare Homestretch

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not think it could be repealed as it is a LAW now. I am so confused over all of this.

Laws can always be changed. That is what this law has done.

What is sad is that Pelosi in her address to the house championed this as a success, "like Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid". Those are a couple of entitlement programs that I would consider far from a success.

I did not think it could be repealed as it is a LAW now. I am so confused over all of this.

Its not law - yet. Law is when the President signs it. Given the track record of this legislation it will likely be at 3 a.m. on a Sunday.

Then it will be law. And laws can be changed through additional legislative measures in the future. But, by design, legislation is difficult to pass. Just look at this legislation. The controlling party owned all 3 key elements (House, Senate, WH) and still barely got it done.

So repealing will be difficult. The only real way it could be repealed before 2013 is for the Republicans to win veto-proof margins in both the House and Senate. That is very long shot.

Its not law - yet. Law is when the President signs it. Given the track record of this legislation it will likely be at 3 a.m. on a Sunday.

Then it will be law. And laws can be changed through additional legislative measures in the future. But, by design, legislation is difficult to pass. Just look at this legislation. The controlling party owned all 3 key elements (House, Senate, WH) and still barely got it done.

So repealing will be difficult. The only real way it could be repealed before 2013 is for the Republicans to win veto-proof margins in both the House and Senate. That is very long shot.

That is most dishearting part of this. Once this passes into law it will never be repealed. There is no going back. Yet Barry and the dems were so hell bent on passing something they really didn't give two cents what it was.