Home Beer Brewing

ADopted ADmiral

Here is the deal I have been doing can brewing.Which is like baking brownies from a box.Add mix to water and corn sugar+ yeast...I have to say after four Duncan Hines Beer resipes I decided to do a all grain beer recipe.Which is way more culinary.The can brews are all great...They say once you go all grain you will never go back...I have a all grain brown ale in the fermenter right now. I will let you know in a few weeks how it turns out...I have to say Gunner 11 has been the best help.With helping me make good beer!!!Thanks Dude...If you like to drink good beer brew your own...AA...

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have any of you tried any Home Beer Brewing?

I know Titletownclown has and his brew tasted good!

I recently picked up a Best Brew equipment kit,and made my first batch yesterday.

I am brewing a Muntons Connoisseurs Range Export pilsner.It's a beer kit that is pre-hopped so all I had to add was corn sugar and yeast.

It has been Fermenting a little over 24 hrs.The air lock is getting a bubble about every 3 seconds.I should be ready to bottle by Monday,and trying it out in a few weeks.I can't wait.:banana:

I agree with Gunner11, definitely think about a secondary fermentation. It takes a while longer, but the beer comes out better in the end.

• 3 weeks later...
Here is the deal I have been doing can brewing.Which is like baking brownies from a box.Add mix to water and corn sugar+ yeast...I have to say after four Duncan Hines Beer resipes I decided to do a all grain beer recipe.Which is way more culinary.The can brews are all great...They say once you go all grain you will never go back...I have a all grain brown ale in the fermenter right now. I will let you know in a few weeks how it turns out...I have to say Gunner 11 has been the best help.With helping me make good beer!!!Thanks Dude...If you like to drink good beer brew your own...AA...

The Brown Ale turned out good except for one thing.The Alcohol is very low.Taste great but no kick.So this Friday I did a new All Grain Homebrew.I think I learned from my mistakes.I think this is going to be the best brew I have done so far.I will let you know in a month.:thumb:

Best way to start is with kits. Combination of extracts, grains and hops. If you want something hopped, I would start with an IPA kit. You can add additional hops if you like, but for a first run I would reccomend making it by the recipe.

Listermann's really is a good place to get started. If you live in NKY drive up to their place, they will help you with everything. Dan and Chuck are great guys. They are also very happy to help over the phone or e:mail. My only suggestion is to spend the bit of extra money to get a bench capper. It makes capping bottles very easy. Those old double wing ones will make you want to quit brewing.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not been quite a month since I brewed my next batch.I have it kegged up,and I am having some right now.I did learn from my mistakes.This is the best beer I have brewed so far.I started out with cans.I haven't done a extract kit yet.I have jumped into the All Grain and I will never go back.

If you want to drink the best beer.Brew your own!!!

• 2 weeks later...