SeaWorld Orlando Employee Killed By Whale

Rebel

A trainer at SeaWorld Orlando died Wednesday after a killer whale attacked her in front of a horrified audience.

Orange County Fire Rescue spokesman John Mulhall said paramedics were called to the Shamu Stadium at the theme park resort where they found a worker who could not be revived.

http://www.lex18.com/news/seaworld-orlando-employee-killed-by-whale/

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They certainly aren't called killer whales because they're vegetarians... To be honest I'm surprised accidents like this don't happen more often.

There are many different kinds of killer whales, and most aren't known to attack humans. There are many whales that actually befriend regular dolphins and people. Of course, there are some that don't. Whales are very communication oriented and work well with training.

I'm not "afraid" of whales. I am afraid of many ocean creatures, but whales aren't one...

There are many different kinds of killer whales, and most aren't known to attack humans. There are many whales that actually befriend regular dolphins and people. Of course, there are some that don't. Whales are very communication oriented and work well with training.

I'm not "afraid" of whales. I am afraid of many ocean creatures, but whales aren't one...

I'll admit, I'd rather be in close contact with a whale than a shark. They still scare me though.

When they beach themselves they were that close to the sand for a reason...they were hungry...

I'll admit, I'd rather be in close contact with a whale than a shark. They still scare me though.

When they beach themselves they were that close to the sand for a reason...they were hungry...

I doubt they were looking for a good Joe or Beth to eat...

They're main menu is fish, like salmon. They will eat seals and the like, and will occasionally eat a porpoise. That said, maybe they were attracted to the area because there are porpoise's around, which are usually mistaken for dolphins by people.

Not true at all.

Scientist have no idea why whales beach themselves but it has something to do with their minds and the signals their brains transmit through their much more advanced form of communication than humans.

These animals are treated really good for a captive mammal, however, a 12,000 pound mammal needs more than a fishtank to swim in and I'd say their stress levels are out of the roof. It is only a matter of time.

Sea World will not hurt because of this.

A whale trainer is what I always wanted to be, ever since my first trip to Sea World and Marine Land when I was 7 years old.

Killer Whales do not desire human flesh and I have serious issues with them portraying this particular whale with other deadly incidents, mainly the one where someone broke into Sea World after hours and jumped into the tank. The next morning they found the person on top of the whale. Who is to say the whale wasn't trying to save the person? I've heard a lot of stories where these creatures have saved many lives.

Sad event, but she died doing what she loved and adored and some nations and cultures would view her death as a celebration of her life dying, doing what she loved and by the animal that she loved as well.

I heard on the news that this was the third deadly incident involving this same whale.

I can't believe that they would still use the whale after one death. I am sure there will be some changes taking place at Sea World. I definitely would not want to be a trainer for the show.