Saint X players to play at the next level?

Katfish

First of all this Thread said nothing about Trinity or about years past. The question asked was " St X won the largest division in KY football 2010 by going undefeated against the state's best , and has no player that I have heard of getting a D1 football offer". Does anyone know if there is a player from this year's team that has received a D1 scholarship? Looking at what was posted on Thursday regarding all the signings from all levels of colleges, I did not see a X player listed. Again, does anyone know of a player that did sign?

I do not know of any X player this year that has signed on to play D1 football.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any team that has 9 or 10 kids that are capable of playing at places like Campbellsville, Georgetown, or Cumberland, when mixed with one or two that can play at the I-AA level is a team that few will beat. It isn't all about IA guys when winning championships...thought they do help, and there is no doubt that X and T are the number one and two producers of this kind of talent consistantly over the last 20 years.

Here were the number of players listed on the roster for University of Kentucky and University of Louisville from X and T in 2009.

Kentucky

X- 3

T- 4

Louisville

X-5

T-4

Looks to me that they are putting a lot of kids on college rosters. If they are putting 4-5 kids on top level D-1 rosters (whether they are walk-ons or not) wonder how many you dont hear about going to D2, D3, and NAIA? The argument just doesnt hold weight that X or T dont put out the prospects like other schools. Crazy talk.

What argument are you talking about? Read the thread again and respond accordingly or not at all. The question asked was, Does anyone know of a player from this past years X team that received a D1 or any football scholarship?

I would be surpirsed if Jeremiah Neal did not play D-1 somewhere. His versatility in moving over to the defensive side of the ball mid-season was impressive. He really showed himself to be an excellent defender. He was outstanding in the State Title game playing both ways, winning the MVP award.

Next year I would guess that Daylen hall, LaMont McMurry, and Devontae Beach all garner serious D-1 interest.

The X website does not even list anyone going to D3 or anywhere.

The February 1 signing day had 8 Tigers committing to colleges. 2 cross country and 6 soccer players. No football. Great coaching in 2009 and/or stacked junior class for the Tigers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...