8th grade middle school state tournament Feb. 19-21

SHS Future

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walton is not in the NKY MS League who is playing their conference tournament that weekend UNLESS snow this week moves the last week of regular season back. On that Friday and Saturday the four teams that won their district will be playing for the league championships. Semis at campbell on Friday, Championship game on Saturday.

Here is a link to the bracket. TEams are not in it because the seeding is based on district play and there are still this week's worth of games to determine it.

http://docs.google.com/a/nkmsaa.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=bmttc2FhLmNvbXx3d3d8Z3g6NTA4NjNhNDEyNzc5MzY4YQ

Does anyone know if Conner is going to play? It says they play in this tourney at the same time they play us in Lexington.

The Jackson Co./ Moss game on Friday could be interesting. Moss is the defending state champs but Jackson Co. is pretty good from what I understand. They have a guard named Fox that starts on the varsity team. He may not play this weekend, but if he does, they could be a tough out. Jackson Co. beat South Laurel 71-24 when Fox played with them. He had 28 points. I doubt he plays since he starts varsity, but you never know. Hawkins did last year for Madison Middle.

Win or lose Friday night, Southern could have a very tough first round game.

The Jackson Co./ Moss game on Friday could be interesting. Moss is the defending state champs but Jackson Co. is pretty good from what I understand. They have a guard named Fox that starts on the varsity team. He may not play this weekend, but if he does, they could be a tough out. Jackson Co. beat South Laurel 71-24 when Fox played with them. He had 28 points. I doubt he plays since he starts varsity, but you never know. Hawkins did last year for Madison Middle.

Win or lose Friday night, Southern could have a very tough first round game.

IMO, this is what is wrong with these state tournaments. You have a kid starting Varsity, and he's playing in the 8th grade MST? OK, you are going to say, but he's allowed, he's in the 8th grade, but c'mon man are you serious? I would just have a few questions............

1. How many games has he played with his classmates this season?

2. Is he a true 8th grader or a redshirt?

3. What does this do to the chemistry of the team?

How about making a simple change to the state wide tournament. Require all players to have participated in a minimum of 75% of all games they have played during the season. IMO, this would make it a "true" 8th grade Middle School Team State Tournament.

This should be a popular post. :rolleyes:

IMO, this is what is wrong with these state tournaments. You have a kid starting Varsity, and he's playing in the 8th grade MST? OK, you are going to say, but he's allowed, he's in the 8th grade, but c'mon man are you serious? I would just have a few questions............

1. How many games has he played with his classmates this season?

2. Is he a true 8th grader or a redshirt?

3. What does this do to the chemistry of the team?

How about making a simple change to the state wide tournament. Require all players to have participated in a minimum of 75% of all games they have played during the season. IMO, this would make it a "true" 8th grade Middle School Team State Tournament.

This should be a popular post. :rolleyes:

If he is an 8th grader in that school, he should be able to play. Coaches decision if they want to change the chemistry of the team.

Can someone tape a penny to the stylus? This record seems to have a skip in it.:D

Some of you will be too young to get the humor in that I suppose.:cool:

Good luck to all the teams participating. This is one of my favorite tournaments of the year. Great atmosphere. And no matter the outcome it makes for good fodder here. Holdbacks, officials, bad draw,,,,,excuses aplenty. :thumb:

Can someone tape a penny to the stylus? This record seems to have a skip in it.:D

Some of you will be too young to get the humor in that I suppose.:cool:

Good luck to all the teams participating. This is one of my favorite tournaments of the year. Great atmosphere. And no matter the outcome it makes for good fodder here. Holdbacks, officials, bad draw,,,,,excuses aplenty. :thumb:

:laugh: