8th grade middle school state tournament Feb. 19-21

SHS Future

Let's go ahead and start the thread since the KBA has posted teams who have submitted their form to play in the 8th grade state tournament to this date. 44 teams so far. I talked to the staff at the KBA last weekend and they said they would accept up to 80 teams to play. Could be a big tournament!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin County teams should represent well. Elkhorn and Bondurant have size and strength. Frankfort is extremely quick and can cause a lot of problems if you're not used to it. It will be nice to see them play only one game a night and not the regular 2 or 3 for some of them. I have been amazed that they can play so many minutes and are always playing hard.

I know Portwood will be playing for Scott County and I believe Cunningham may join him. If they are both there, Scott County will be a tough out. Not saying they will win it, but they won't go quietly.

Royal Spring is pretty good as well. Both Portwood and Cunningham played last time these two met and Scott County won by 5 or 6.

I know Portwood will be playing for Scott County and I believe Cunningham may join him. If they are both there, Scott County will be a tough out. Not saying they will win it, but they won't go quietly.

Royal Spring is pretty good as well. Both Portwood and Cunningham played last time these two met and Scott County won by 5 or 6.

Royal Springs has a really good team from what I saw. If Portwood and Cunningham are playing with Scott Co., then they will definately be a contender for the title.

Moss Middle and Johnson Central have to be two of the teams to beat. Walton will be good, as will Southern, Lincoln, Knox, Glasgow, LTMS, Crosby, and Clinton. Who else has had a great year.

Looks like pretty much everyone had a great year. It will probably depend on who everyone played to have that great year.

Most of the teams attending had good years or they would not be going. It is always interesting to see who is the best. One more thing, a few of the past champions haven't panned out at all in high school. I think maturity plays a big part in who wins at the 8th grade level. It still should be exciting.

Walton Verona is coming.:thumb:

Walton is not in the NKY MS League who is playing their conference tournament that weekend UNLESS snow this week moves the last week of regular season back. On that Friday and Saturday the four teams that won their district will be playing for the league championships. Semis at campbell on Friday, Championship game on Saturday.

Here is a link to the bracket. TEams are not in it because the seeding is based on district play and there are still this week's worth of games to determine it.

http://docs.google.com/a/nkmsaa.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=bmttc2FhLmNvbXx3d3d8Z3g6NTA4NjNhNDEyNzc5MzY4YQ