Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th grade middle school state tournament Feb. 19-21

Featured Replies

I would look at playing a varsity player as an extremely poor decision on the varsity coaches part. What if the player gets hurt? Lets see you lose in the first game of the districts(varsity) but your 8th grade was favored in the state tourney. Wonder if that will save a job?

  • Replies 48
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told today pretty straight, Fox is not playing.

 

I dont see how he could, Jackson County varsity has a game on Friday and Saturday.

Also, does anyoneknow for sure if Conner is playing on Friday night or not?

I dont see how he could, Jackson County varsity has a game on Friday and Saturday.

Also, does anyoneknow for sure if Conner is playing on Friday night or not?

 

If they win tomorrow night in their school league District Tournament, then I don't think they will be in Lexington on Friday night. A win tomorrow night would put them in their District Final on Friday night @ 8:15. Should they lose tomorrow night, then I think they would be able to play in Lexington on Friday night. It is important to note that they are 31-3 for the season and will be heavily favored tomorrow night.

We played Conner each of the past 2 years at the MSS at the KBA. They have a very good team.

If they win tomorrow night in their school league District Tournament, then I don't think they will be in Lexington on Friday night. A win tomorrow night would put them in their District Final on Friday night @ 8:15. Should they lose tomorrow night, then I think they would be able to play in Lexington on Friday night. It is important to note that they are 31-3 for the season and will be heavily favored tomorrow night.

 

I hope they don't cost one of the teams on the waiting list a chance to play in the tourney.

  • Author

Looks like Conner is in the finals of their league and will be playing tomorrow night at 8:30pm in Northern Ky. I guess that mean they won't be playing Johnson Central tomorrow night at the KBA.

  • Author

Johns Creek has apparently dropped out of the tournament so they were replaced with East Jessamine.

Johns Creek has apparently dropped out of the tournament so they were replaced with East Jessamine.

 

 

We had to due to my MAT program at MSU having a make-up scheduled for Saturday.......and now its been changed to March 6th, sucks for my guys.

 

Really wanted to come compete.

Looks like Conner is in the finals of their league and will be playing tomorrow night at 8:30pm in Northern Ky. I guess that mean they won't be playing Johnson Central tomorrow night at the KBA.

 

Not sure about this, but I think Conner was considering sending a "B" team to the KBA to compete vs. a forfeit. They would keep their "A" team in NKY to compete in their District Tournament.

Watched almost everyone tonight, can't see a clear cut favorite. Clinton, moss, Johnson, LTMS, WaLTON, Knox, Crosby, and Hazard all won easily tonight. I think your winner will come from this bunch. Didn't see Scott Co but they would also be in that group. There are a couple of other teams that are much better than they played tonight who could win it all. Should be a great tournament.

Anyone have results from this afternoon's games?

  • Author

LTMS is the 8th grade state champions! They beat Southern Middle in the final four 46-40 and beat Crosby in the finals 49-47. Charles "Snoop" Johnson was named MVP. Congratulations to LTMS, they were the best team today.

  • Author

Also Congratulations to the final 4 teams:

LTMS

Crosby

Southern

Betsy Layne

What schools do these Middle schools feed into?

 

LTMS- any Lex public school?

Crosby- Louisville schools?

Southern ?

Betsy Layne

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.