Frankfort Basketball

ColyCrazy

Coach Norman (yes that coach Norman) and Coach Howard are doing a great Job at the Middle School. They have a full compliment of 8th graders (6) full compliments of 7th graders (7) full compliment of 6th graders (6) two 5th graders, four 4th graders and one 3rd grader on the team. The 6th grade is struggling a bit, but the 8th grade is 5-1 and the 7th grade is 4-2. There is a lot of interest and good parent support and this point.

If you are asking about boys they look very good. My son is an 8th grader and his team had quite a bit of trouble with frankfort. They have guards and post players, but most of all it looks like they have a group in the 7th and 8th grades that play a lot of basketball. Just from watching them play i'd guess that most are playing AAU ball in the summertime as well as working with their school team.

7th and 8th Grade both beat Bondurant tonight in two strongly competitive games. Bondurant's 8 grade is big and physical. The speed at Frankfort made a difference and some key jumpers and free-throws. Coach Norman and Coach Howard are both doing fine jobs.

I don't believe that Frankfort Middle has played any AAU in the past. I have seen a couple of their players on AAU teams but this turnaround has come since the start of the season. They are evidently being taught very well and are playing in a system that they can compete in.

A few of them play for the Stallions, but that is a limited number. Each class also has 1 or 2 outstanding players and several great role players. (Can you be a great role player?) there are about 4 TRUE basketball players, the rest are good athletes. The coaches just put them in situations where they can be successful. It has been fun to watch them learn and grow this year.

Just wondering how much the high school coach is involved in the building of the program. Does he attend practices, games, etc.?

Nope. He does occasionally pull a 7th grader up to play freshman and JV.

Edited by Birdsfan

Doesn't stop them from showing interest. Afterall, they are the kids that will be the future of the program. I remember complaints about the last couple of coaches not showing interest in anything. Just wanted to see if that has changed.

That is why Basketball is lacking at Frankfort high.

I ave to disagree. This could be a small reason. But the number one reason is the turnover of coaches. It started some 5-6 years ago when the adminstration at the High School lacked the courage to fight against running off the basketball coach. Then the guy that replaced him decied to bail for some unknown reason. So turnover at the head coach spot is the main issue.