Frankfort Basketball

ColyCrazy

I ave to disagree. This could be a small reason. But the number one reason is the turnover of coaches. It started some 5-6 years ago when the adminstration at the High School lacked the courage to fight against running off the basketball coach. Then the guy that replaced him decied to bail for some unknown reason. So turnover at the head coach spot is the main issue.

To suggest that the administration of the High School lacked the courage to fight against running off the basketball coach is just plain WRONG. You may notice that both the principal and assistant principal and athletic director are both gone and were gone less that 18 mos after the basketball coach was "run off". I just need to quit now, If this is really what you think you have very little respect for Dennis Hancock, Paul Christy and me, and you obviously don't know how all of this went down. 4 people lost their jobs Buckett, not just one.

FWIW where does Coach Norman teach now and who do you think recommended him for the middle school job, and not only that, recommended him for the high school job when it was open? Of course all of that doesn't matter because I am lacking in courage.

:isurrender:

To suggest that the administration of the High School lacked the courage to fight against running off the basketball coach is just plain WRONG. You may notice that both the principal and assistant principal and athletic director are both gone and were gone less that 18 mos after the basketball coach was "run off". I just need to quit now, If this is really what you think you have very little respect for Dennis Hancock, Paul Christy and me, and you obviously don't know how all of this went down. 4 people lost their jobs Buckett, not just one.

FWIW where does Coach Norman teach now and who do you think recommended him for the middle school job, and not only that, recommended him for the high school job when it was open? Of course all of that doesn't matter because I am lacking in courage.

:isurrender:

Ace I know what your role was. I know what side of the decision you stood on. The individuals I speak about are Paul Christy and Dr. Lacookaroacha!

Paul Christy was a joke. SO you would be correct when you say I have no respect for him. I don't only blame him, but the super and the board at that time. Dr. Lacookaroacha destroy and bankrupt the school system. Ran off a guy that did nothing but try and teach young men how to play the game of basketball.

Then they (Paul and Cookaroacha) hired a guy that help push out the 1st guy. Then he jumps ship.

So it will take someone 10 years to repair what has happened over the last 5 years.

Edited by CoachBuckett

I think everyone knows and understands that it was an embarassing situation. You just had to read BGP in those days to sense what was going on. To have a man fired for the reasons he was fired is a travesty. The sad thing was as bad as it was for a young promising coach it was more for the next several classes who never recovered. I watched them play under Norman at AAU and they were the only squad to compete with a strong Scott County. The fact that they didn't reach their potential shows how they took it.

I ave to disagree. This could be a small reason. But the number one reason is the turnover of coaches. It started some 5-6 years ago when the adminstration at the High School lacked the courage to fight against running off the basketball coach. Then the guy that replaced him decied to bail for some unknown reason. So turnover at the head coach spot is the main issue.

Yes, you are very right. :thumb:

Ace I know what your role was. I know what side of the decision you stood on. The individuals I speak about are Paul Christy and Dr. Lacookaroacha!

Paul Christy was a joke. SO you would be correct when you say I have no respect for him. I don't only blame him, but the super and the board at that time. Dr. Lacookaroacha destroy and bankrupt the school system. Ran off a guy that did nothing but try and teach young men how to play the game of basketball.

Then they (Paul and Cookaroacha) hired a guy that help push out the 1st guy. Then he jumps ship.

So it will take someone 10 years to repair what has happened over the last 5 years.

I take some solace in that then.

I am glad that you all got that worked out. From a staff member at the time, I was told that the AD was not involved in the decision or even invited to the meeting. Even more ridiculous than that were the reasons for the release.

I can't answer that, but I would bet it is the truth. The AD was later ran off. His mistake was finding the truth out and standing behind the coach who was telling the truth.

It was a disapointing time for FHS basketball.

Heard it was wearing black uniforms at KOBG tournament, not supporting girls team enough, poor decisions in their 4 season losses, and not running of an "at risk" player. I believe that defines the ridiculous.

1. Black Uniforms is what the kids wanted to do. (big deal)

2. Not sure how they should have supported the girls team?

3. I watched all 4 of their losses and it had to do more with Jim's and Joe's than X's and O's. (He won just as many games as the previous coach)

4. Not sure who they wanted ran off. But sometimes you have to keep kids around because you are their last bit of hope.

As for the AD he should have been fired. He moved the All - A regional final game from the High School gym to the Civis Center which caused the kids to get beat..................(I am just repeating what some of those people had been saying at the time. The AD is actually a pretty good guy.)

3. I watched all 4 of their losses and it had to do more with Jim's and Joe's than X's and O's. (He won just as many games as the previous coach)

4. Not sure who they wanted ran off. But sometimes you have to keep kids around because you are their last bit of hope.

As for the AD he should have been fired. He moved the All - A regional final game from the High School gym to the Civis Center which caused the kids to get beat..................(I am just repeating what some of those people had been saying at the time. The AD is actually a pretty good guy.)

You are killing me.

Hopefully Coach Norman will get on here some day and tell you the four things that were read to him in the meeting with the superintendent and the principal (no AD in the meeting).

Coach couldnt have said it better.:thumb:

Coach couldnt have said it better.:thumb:

7th grade finished the season 10-3. Two losses to Elkhorn (they are just better) but the second time they played it went into two overtimes and a fluke loss to Sayre where two starters fouled out. Beat BMS twice, Owen Co., TFCA twice, Sayre once. It was fun to watch them play.