December 16, 200916 yr I just read on Bengals.com that the Bengals have cut Purify, and signed Shaun Smith back on to the team on the DL. So Simpson is expected to dress for the first time this year. I mentioned in another thread, that they should at least give him a shot and see if he could help get the passing game going. I know I was right about the Chris Henry thing hurting this offense when he got hurt, so hopefully I am right about this being able to help get the passing game going again.
December 16, 200916 yr Weird, I haven't see where you have said you were right about the Henry thing.
December 16, 200916 yr Expecting anything at all from Simpson at this point, especially this season, is wishful thinking IMO.
December 16, 200916 yr Author Expecting anything at all from Simpson at this point, especially this season, is wishful thinking IMO. The thing is even if he gives us just a little, it would be more than what we have gotten from anyone else since Henry go hurt. So if its just a little bit, it would be better.
December 16, 200916 yr Author Weird, I haven't see where you have said you were right about the Henry thing. I have a hard time telling if your being sarcastic here or not. I think your being sarcastic here obviously, but just in case your not go look back at the Chris Henry thread or the Bengals/Ravens thread when he got hurt. I was the first to say it, even though most people didn't seem to agree and thought it wouldn't hurt the offense much.
December 16, 200916 yr I have a hard time telling if your being sarcastic here or not. I think your being sarcastic here obviously, but just in case your not go look back at the Chris Henry thread or the Bengals/Ravens thread when he got hurt. I was the first to say it, even though most people didn't seem to agree and thought it wouldn't hurt the offense much. Very sarcastic :lol:
December 16, 200916 yr The thing is even if he gives us just a little, it would be more than what we have gotten from anyone else since Henry go hurt. So if its just a little bit, it would be better. Like I said, expecting ANYTHING at all is wishful thinking....He's been inactive all year for a reason. Do you think all of a sudden the lightbulb turned on and he got it?
December 16, 200916 yr Carson has to get them the ball. And therein lies the real root of their problems...:thumb:
December 16, 200916 yr Like I said, expecting ANYTHING at all is wishful thinking....He's been inactive all year for a reason. Do you think all of a sudden the lightbulb turned on and he got it? I agree. There has to be some reason why they wouldn't be giving this guy a chance. No team wants to look like they completely bombed on a 2nd round pick.
December 16, 200916 yr If Simpson does play well then the Bengals are even dumber than we all thought.
December 16, 200916 yr Author Like I said, expecting ANYTHING at all is wishful thinking....He's been inactive all year for a reason. Do you think all of a sudden the lightbulb turned on and he got it? Think about what you just said. If he still hasn't gotten it, do you think they would even give him a shot? I think Marvin has shown, he is not about giving guys shots if they are not doing what they are suppose to do. I mean if he still hasn't shown anything at all, then Purify probably wouldn't have gotten cut because Purify does do pretty well on special teams. So Simpson probably has at least shown a little bit finally in practice for them to activate him. Because as you said if he has been inactive all year, then what is the point in activating him if he still hasn't shown anything? So the lightbulb as you said must have started to light up a little, even if its just a dim light at the moment. Which even a dim light probably would be better than what we have gotten lately.
December 16, 200916 yr Think about what you just said. If he still hasn't gotten it, do you think they would even give him a shot? I think Marvin has shown, he is not about giving guys shots if they are not doing what they are suppose to do. I mean if he still hasn't shown anything at all, then Purify probably wouldn't have gotten cut because Purify does do pretty well on special teams. So Simpson probably has at least shown a little bit finally in practice for them to activate him. Because as you said if he has been inactive all year, then what is the point in activating him if he still hasn't shown anything? So the lightbulb as you said must have started to light up a little, even if its just a dim light at the moment. Which even a dim light probably would be better than what we have gotten lately. You really think this is decision is left up to Marvin?
December 16, 200916 yr Author Carson has to get them the ball. And therein lies the real root of their problems...:thumb: Carson has to get them the ball, but it also probably hard to get guys the ball when no one is open. There is just a lot of problem in the passing game. Palmer just can't seem to get in a rhythm, the line is not pass blocking great, and one of the biggest reasons IMO is that our receivers besides Chad are having a hard time getting open. I think that kind of shows when Coles who is suppose to be your #2 receiver, didn't even have one pass thrown his way in last game. That is why I think its worth the shot to give Simpson a chance. You really never know what you have until they are on the field, and given a chance.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.