Annual Christmas Decorating Snafu's...

WKYfootballguy

I hope I am the only one who has this happen to them every year, if not I feel sorry for you all...:ohbrother:

I love the holiday season and what it means, but HATE decorating and getting box upon box from the attic!

It NEVER fails...for 5 years of being married I am in charge of putting lights on our tree. We use ALOT of lights...EVERY SINGLE year it seems like everything is going smoothly and then boom...3/4 of the way done with the lights a strand goes bad and all the lights go out!!!:idunno:

I just knew it was going to happen this year and decided to not get upset...1/2 hour in to putting the lights on and BOOM...Out they go!

:isurrender::isurrender::isurrender:

Going to Walmart and just gonna drop some dough on all new LED lights!

Anyone else have anything happen to them or stories of past diasters?...Just call me Clark Griswold!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got an early jump on my outside lights, at least the upper stuff. Come to find out my outside outlet was fried. I go to replace it and the hot wire and the ground wire broke off. I had to cut and scrape and dig for a half an hour just to get to where I could pull enough wire out to replace the outlet. Not good Ju Ju.

First of all, it's WAAAAAYYYYYYY too early to be doing any Christmas decorating. :lol:

Second of all, if it weren't for my daughter, we wouldn't even have a tree. :lol: She is the one who puts it up and decorates it. I usually get stuck taking it down. :cry:

No outside decorations, though. I think she'd put them up, but I won't spring the money for them, thefore she is THWARTED!:banana:

I hope I am the only one who has this happen to them every year, if not I feel sorry for you all...:ohbrother:

I love the holiday season and what it means, but HATE decorating and getting box upon box from the attic!

It NEVER fails...for 5 years of being married I am in charge of putting lights on our tree. We use ALOT of lights...EVERY SINGLE year it seems like everything is going smoothly and then boom...3/4 of the way done with the lights a strand goes bad and all the lights go out!!!:idunno:

I just knew it was going to happen this year and decided to not get upset...1/2 hour in to putting the lights on and BOOM...Out they go!

:isurrender::isurrender::isurrender:

Going to Walmart and just gonna drop some dough on all new LED lights!

Anyone else have anything happen to them or stories of past diasters?...Just call me Clark Griswold!

I'll offer a suggestion with lights. I have been using the same light strands for 20 years. Never have had a problem. They are the traditional old fashion lights. You know the ones were a bulb goes out and all you need to do is replace the one bulb. Maybe it isn't to your liking but I will tell you , you will save money over the long run.

I use those little twinkle lites or whatever they are called for my outside lights and every year I have to replace most of the strands. When I take them down they all work. I don't know what happends over the winter but I just pulled them out to put them up this year and on every strand half the lights don't work. I'm not spending anymore money so we will not have outside lights this year.

First of all, it's WAAAAAYYYYYYY too early to be doing any Christmas decorating. :lol:

Second of all, if it weren't for my daughter, we wouldn't even have a tree. :lol: She is the one who puts it up and decorates it. I usually get stuck taking it down. :cry:

No outside decorations, though. I think she'd put them up, but I won't spring the money for them, thefore she is THWARTED!:banana:

It's only a week early!

I'll offer a suggestion with lights. I have been using the same light strands for 20 years. Never have had a problem. They are the traditional old fashion lights. You know the ones were a bulb goes out and all you need to do is replace the one bulb. Maybe it isn't to your liking but I will tell you , you will save money over the long run.

I use those little twinkle lites or whatever they are called for my outside lights and every year I have to replace most of the strands. When I take them down they all work. I don't know what happends over the winter but I just pulled them out to put them up this year and on every strand half the lights don't work. I'm not spending anymore money so we will not have outside lights this year.

Biggest mistake people make with Christmas lights is they overload the fuse. Connect no more than 3 strands together and you should be fine.

Biggest mistake people make with Christmas lights is they overload the fuse. Connect no more than 3 strands together and you should be fine.

If you say so. I have never had a problem. Although, when the Christmas tree is on, I can't use my blow dryer.:irked: