RNC Health Insurance allowed elective abortions?

wc2008

ABC News' Teddy Davis Reports:

The chairman of the Republican National Committee announced late Thursday that he is unilaterally ending coverage of elective abortion under the RNC's Cigna health-care plan.

"Money from our loyal donors should not be used for this purpose," said RNC Chair Michael Steele in a written statement. "I don't know why this policy existed in the past, but it will not exist under my administration. Consider this issue settled."

The RNC's coverage of elective abortion, which began in 1991, was first reported on Thursday evening by Politico.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2009/11/no-more-review-rncs-abortion-coverage-is-toast.html

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, certainly not. However, pro-life voters that voted republican between 1991 and "last Thursday" might feel a little betrayed, I would think. That's 18 years worth of votes.

Absolutely, here too.

They were wrong for allowing this and if I would have known it then, it very well may have changed my vote EXCEPT...I would bet that if they policy would have come to light at anytime in the past, it would have been changed then too.

The thing moving forward is that that 1) the RNC has corrected the mistake and I would bet that I can safely assume that the DNC is still taking the donation dollars that are being sent to them and funding the killing of unborn children; 2) that the RNC still is the best hope for the unborn children of our future in getting the genocide in this country being masked as "a woman's choice" in getting stopped.

The ironically funny thing is that we here over and over about a woman's right to do what they want with their body but I don't see the legalizing drugs and prostitution planks in the DNC platform.

I guess abortion and the killing of unborn children is one of the few places that a woman's right to do what they want with their body is a political rallying cry.

I don't believe the DNC gives a rat patootie about a woman's right, just a woman's vote.

Like the thread a while back that outlined several Republican health-care reform proposals, one wonders "why wait until now"?

I would agree.

"Money from our loyal donors should not be used for this purpose," said RNC Chair Michael Steele in a written statement. "I don't know why this policy existed in the past, but it will not exist under my administration. Consider this issue settled."

Absolutely, here too.

They were wrong for allowing this and if I would have known it then, it very well may have changed my vote EXCEPT...I would bet that if they policy would have come to light at anytime in the past, it would have been changed then too.

The thing moving forward is that that 1) the RNC has corrected the mistake and I would bet that I can safely assume that the DNC is still taking the donation dollars that are being sent to them and funding the killing of unborn children; 2) that the RNC still is the best hope for the unborn children of our future in getting the genocide in this country being masked as "a woman's choice" in getting stopped.

The ironically funny thing is that we here over and over about a woman's right to do what they want with their body but I don't see the legalizing drugs and prostitution planks in the DNC platform.

I guess abortion and the killing of unborn children is one of the few places that a woman's right to do what they want with their body is a political rallying cry.

I don't believe the DNC gives a rat patootie about a woman's right, just a woman's vote.

At least the DNC isn't pandering to the one issue voters by crying "no abortions!" on one side and allowing it on the other, as is the RNC. I have to admit, if I was a one issue voter in this case, I'd be extremely put out and disillusioned with the RNC, as opposed to defending them.

By the way, does anyone know if this was covered on FoxNews?

I would agree.

Well, if that makes one issue voters feel secure now, more power to them.

At least the DNC isn't pandering to the one issue voters by crying "no abortions!" on one side and allowing it on the other, as is the RNC. I have to admit, if I was a one issue voter in this case, I'd be extremely put out and disillusioned with the RNC, as opposed to defending them.

By the way, does anyone know if this was covered on FoxNews?

I know you want to think I am defending them but I am not. THey were wrong and I am glad to see the new leadership change this policy.