Randall Cobb

Original Rookie

Maybe I have the blue shaded glasses on, but where is the national attention for him? I'm not talking Heisman or anything like that, but he is one of the best sophomores out there IMO. I guess it is partly because the 'Cats aren't very relevant in the big picture, but the "experts" need to talk about this special player we have in the bluegrass.

Edited by Original Rookie

I agree, and if he were putting up HUGE numbers or UK was on the national mindset, then he would be getting more pub. If he has a few more big games, I think he will start to get more pub. Whether he gets that or not, I absolutely LOVE this kid! He is a winner.

He is one of the best players we have seen here in awhile.

Maybe I have the blue shaded glasses on, but where is the national attention for him? I'm not talking Heisman or anything like that, but he is one of the best sophomores out there IMO. I guess it is party because the 'Cats aren't very relevant in the big picture, but the "experts" need to talk about this special player we have in the bluegrass.

You hit the nail on the head here. RC is definitely one of the best football players in the country, but players usually don't get the deserved attention unless their team is making noise. It's not fair, it's just how it is.

You hit the nail on the head here. RC is definitely one of the best football players in the country, but players usually don't get the deserved attention unless their team is making noise. It's not fair, it's just how it is.

:thumb: Very well said. I remember all the great pub that Brohm and Woodson were getting. Then when their team's didn't hit the heights they seemed to be heading for, they stopped getting near the attention they were before.

The only exception is if somebody is putting up insane numbers. And while Cobb's numbers are good, they are not in the insane category.

Cobb reminds me of another dynamic player in college football from a few years ago, Antwan Randle El. I always felt he was one of the top players in college football. He had no surrounding support and limited media attention because he played at Indiana.

Edited by bugatti

Cobb is a exciting player. I think what hurts him is the fact he had to play QB last season and some this season and hasn't had consistant numbers at WR. (that is because of playing so many positions) I enjoy watching him and think if he can just play Wide -out and UK can get a QB to get him the ball, he could be a Hesiman.

Cobb reminds me of another dynamic player in college football from a few years ago, Antwan Randle El. I always felt he was one of the top players in college football. He had no surrounding support and limited media attention because he played at Indiana.

That's a good comparison IMO. I feel Cobb is a more skilled, possibly more athletic version of Randle El though.

That's a good comparison IMO. I feel Cobb is a more skilled, possibly more athletic version of Randel El though.

If so, that is saying a lot. Randle El was no doubt a better QB, but Cobb may be the more natural WR. Splitting hairs, but I would go with Randle El simply because the game was always in his hands. Randle El put up some big numbers. Not that it matters, but Randle El also played hoops at IU.

Where would you rate him? I think he could be the best that I've seen. Cobb is a player and a playmaker.

I can't think of a guy that I've seen better. He is asked to do so much and always performs no matter where he is. QB, WR, Punt Returner, Holds for the kicker... he is just awesome.