Bellevue 56 Dayton 7

Could Buckler be considered for Mr. Football

Shouldn't be. He is a great back, however I don't think he is even one of the best 5 players in this region yet alone the state. There are a few other runningbacks in the area I would take over him. He is great though, and is one of the best in 1A in the state though. :thumb:

Based on pure number I say yes. You cannot make the small school argument against him because a player can't control how big their school is and when players do pick where they go they get bashed for not sticking it out with their school.

If Buckler has the numbers with the leaders at the end then yes, he deserves to be considered. Why wouldn't you?

Buckler is no doubt a talent and would more than likely play for any team in NKY. However, you do have to look at the fact that he plays at Bellevue and the level of competetion that they are playing. Its the age old debate that keeps BGP in business. Ricky Buckler is a very very good player but Top 5 in the state is a stretch.

Buckler is no doubt a talent and would more than likely play for any team in NKY. However, you do have to look at the fact that he plays at Bellevue and the level of competetion that they are playing. Its the age old debate that keeps BGP in business. Ricky Buckler is a very very good player but Top 5 in the state is a stretch.

Yes, but you could also make the argument that other kids are running behind bigger and better lines for the more competitive schools.

Futurecoach

Simply ask you to back up your opinion. Wow! Don't make it personal. You have your opinion and you are entitled to it. Other that he doesn't play for a large school what else do you have to back your opinion? If that is all it is strictly an opinion because you have seen all the kids play then that is fine.:ohbrother: Didn't mean to make it personal with you. As everyone who is a regular on here knows I'm a Bellevue fan. I guess I have that small school attitude. Much like Ricky Buckler 5'7 170 lbs I get tired of the old well he is from a small school therefore he can't be one of the best.

Shouldn't be. He is a great back, however I don't think he is even one of the best 5 players in this region yet alone the state. There are a few other runningbacks in the area I would take over him. He is great though, and is one of the best in 1A in the state though. :thumb:

Let me try to clear this all up. I don't know how people can take this as a shot at Buckler when I say he is one of the best backs in the state in 1A. So that shows that I would definitely take him on my team. I just don't think he really gets more consideration for Mr. Football in the state. There are A LOT of players better than him in the state. There are players at his position in the region that are better than him, that is why I wouldn't really consider him for Mr. Football. Just off the top of my head three players in the region that I definitely take over him is Simpson, Bradley from Cooper, and Collingsworth. I really don't think I am so wrong for thinking those three are better. Buckler is a great back though and I am not taking that away from him. :thumb:

I will ask this to the Bellevue faithful, who do you think was better him or Lincoln Adams? Buckler is going to finish with better numbers, but I would take Adams.

He is good. I think they should have one from each class just to give the small schools a chance at haveing a Mr football. Has there ever been a Mr. Football in Class A ?

Now if there was a Mr. Football for Class A, then I would definitely agree that is he would be one of the leading candidates. I think I would take Hayden from LCA over him in the end, however Buckler would have a strong resume for it.