Bellevue 56 Dayton 7

Futurecoach

Simply ask you to back up your opinion. Wow! Don't make it personal. You have your opinion and you are entitled to it. Other that he doesn't play for a large school what else do you have to back your opinion? If that is all it is strictly an opinion because you have seen all the kids play then that is fine.:ohbrother: Didn't mean to make it personal with you. As everyone who is a regular on here knows I'm a Bellevue fan. I guess I have that small school attitude. Much like Ricky Buckler 5'7 170 lbs I get tired of the old well he is from a small school therefore he can't be one of the best.

You did not simply ask my opinion. If you did, then there wouldn't have been a problem. You used my name on here, and made a personal attack about coaching with it. That is not just simply asking an opinion. I have now given my opinion in another post on here though, and explained even better to why I think that. Also I have seen those guys play too. I would have thought that you would have realized that I am a small school guy too, and definitely back up the small school players. They don't get enough credit sometimes, because they are from small schools. Just because I thought other guys were better than him, and probably better consideration for Mr. Football didn't mean I didn't think he was good. He is a great runningback, and as I said in my original post one of the best in the state in 1A. :thumb:

You did not simply ask my opinion. If you did, then there wouldn't have been a problem. You used my name on here, and made a personal attack about coaching with it. That is not just simply asking an opinion. I have now given my opinion in another post on here though, and explained even better to why I think that. Also I have seen those guys play too. I would have thought that you would have realized that I am a small school guy too, and definitely back up the small school players. They don't get enough credit sometimes, because they are from small schools. Just because I thought other guys were better than him, and probably better consideration for Mr. Football didn't mean I didn't think he was good. He is a great runningback, and as I said in my original post one of the best in the state in 1A. :thumb:

Not all small school players. You still haven't explained what coaching back ground or observations have helped you form your opinion. As far as you saying I attacked you take it any way you like. That wasn't my intent just wanted to know what you were basing your opinion on.

Not all small school players.

Really? Based on what? What small school player have I really not defended before? You have acted like I put down Buckler in some way. However I don't see how saying he is one of the best in the state in 1A is putting down someone. He is definitely the best back in our district, which means better than even anyone Beechwood has at runningback IMO. So I have not put down Buckler in anyway on here, even though you have acted like I have.

Really? Based on what? What small school player have I really not defended before? You have acted like I put down Buckler in some way. However I don't see how saying he is one of the best in the state in 1A is putting down someone. He is definitely the best back in our district, which means better than even anyone Beechwood has at runningback IMO. So I have not put down Buckler in anyway on here, even though you have acted like I have.

You seem to keep answering a question with a question. I didn't ask for your opinion I was asking how you came about it. What information did you use to form your opinion. And you are the one who keeps dragging Buckler into this I never said you put him down. Its not putting him down stating your opinion of him. I simply ask what coaching decisions would you be basing your comments on. I also ask if you have seen all the kids you speak of in person. Maybe you just have a feeling. Any of the above is just fine with me. If you don't want to back up your statement or feeling or what ever you call it thats fine too. Any one who pays their money is entitled to an opinion and you have one.

You seem to keep answering a question with a question. I didn't ask for your opinion I was asking how you came about it. What information did you use to form your opinion. And you are the one who keeps dragging Buckler into this I never said you put him down. Its not putting him down stating your opinion of him. I simply ask what coaching decisions would you be basing your comments on. I also ask if you have seen all the kids you speak of in person. Maybe you just have a feeling. Any of the above is just fine with me. If you don't want to back up your statement or feeling or what ever you call it thats fine too. Any one who pays their money is entitled to an opinion and you have one.

I don't need to answer your question again since I did in post #16.

Let me try to clear this all up. I don't know how people can take this as a shot at Buckler when I say he is one of the best backs in the state in 1A. So that shows that I would definitely take him on my team. I just don't think he really gets more consideration for Mr. Football in the state. There are A LOT of players better than him in the state. There are players at his position in the region that are better than him, that is why I wouldn't really consider him for Mr. Football. Just off the top of my head three players in the region that I definitely take over him is Simpson, Bradley from Cooper, and Collingsworth. I really don't think I am so wrong for thinking those three are better. Buckler is a great back though and I am not taking that away from him. :thumb:

I will ask this to the Bellevue faithful, who do you think was better him or Lincoln Adams? Buckler is going to finish with better numbers, but I would take Adams.

Lincoln Adams and Buckler are two totally different players. Buckler is a true football player and Adams was a track star that played football. There are several reasons I would take Buckler. First his 'all out' demeanor to the game. I've never seen a kid play with so much heart. Adams only played running back and Buckler plays running back, safety, punt returner, kickoff retuner, and kicks off. Btw, I can't remember if Adams returned kicks or not but I know he didn't play defense. I know Adams was good and really fast, but he didn't have the moves that Buckler has and couldn't make the cuts that Buckler does. Adams was more of get an opening and out run everybody. So I would take Buckler any day of the week because I think he is more of a complete all-around player. Also I would like to add that I believe Adams had at least another back with him that gained over 600 or 700 yards. Buckler is doing what he is doing when everyone in the stadium knows who is getting the ball and he still puts up numbers. Also, Adams was a great player but I just think we are not comparing apples to apples. Any other comments from the Bellevue Faithful.

Lincoln Adams and Buckler are two totally different players. Buckler is a true football player and Adams was a track star that played football. There are several reasons I would take Buckler. First his 'all out' demeanor to the game. I've never seen a kid play with so much heart. Adams only played running back and Buckler plays running back, safety, punt returner, kickoff retuner, and kicks off. Btw, I can't remember if Adams returned kicks or not but I know he didn't play defense. I know Adams was good and really fast, but he didn't have the moves that Buckler has and couldn't make the cuts that Buckler does. Adams was more of get an opening and out run everybody. So I would take Buckler any day of the week because I think he is more of a complete all-around player. Also I would like to add that I believe Adams had at least another back with him that gained over 600 or 700 yards. Buckler is doing what he is doing when everyone in the stadium knows who is getting the ball and he still puts up numbers. Also, Adams was a great player but I just think we are not comparing apples to apples. Any other comments from the Bellevue Faithful.

Adams was a great Bellevue Football player but they had two entirely different styles. Even if we are just comparing the two as backs and not all around football players it would have to depend on the type of team you have around them. Adams had great speed and was great to hit a hole and get to the end zone, or out run everyone to the outside. Buckler while he also has great speed is a more patient keep those feet chopping and let the hole open then get to the end zone type of back. BTW I think Adams did return kicks and did a pretty good job.