TonyDanza

Who wins?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This very well may be true.....but I swear I read very similar posts like the above for the last three years.

If you keep knocking at the door sooner or later it has to open. If Buehner and the key players stay healthy they will be very tough to beat this year.

Who is this game more important to?

I know it's a huge rivalry and both teams want to win badly. But, in the grand scheme of things, all the pressure in this series is on X, IMO.

How many times has Trinity lost to them during the season, only to beat them when it counts? How many times has X had the clear favorite, only to lose the rematch with everything at stake? Hasn't Xavier beaten Trinity soundly in at least a couple of these games before losing at the end?

My point is this. Saint X seems to be a clear favorite again this year. What happens if they lose? I won't say Trinity doesn't care if they lose (I know that's not true), but they have a history of bouncing back in the playoffs no matter how bad they get beat the first time around nor how good X is supposed to be. They know they can win the rematch, because they've done it before. X, on the other hand, can't seem to get over the hump.

Being the favorite, does X need to win this game more?

This very well may be true.....but I swear I read very similar posts like the above for the last three years.

:thumb:As a completely neutral, outside observer, I agree.

The last several years, more often than not, it seems like X is the best team in the state, only to lose to Trinity when it matters most. Until they actually make good on the promise, why should I expect anything different?

FWIW, I think X will win this game, very possibly by a decent margin. But, if you asked me today who will win in Bowling Green, I'm going with Trinity.

Jeremiah Neal puts the Tigers up 7-0 with an 8-yard run in the first quarter. Early in the second quarter, Wyatt Gray hits a 41 yard fieldgoal to extend the St. X. lead to 10-0. With 10 seconds to go in the first half, Trinity hits the scoreboard with a record 57 yard field goal by Nick Robertson to make the halftime score 10-3.

Wyatt Gray adds two more field goals for the Tigers in the third quarter to raise the count to 16-3. Then as the final moments of the game tick off the clock, St. X. finishes its scoring with a 33 yard option run for paydirt by Brian Buehner.

On the conversion kick after the final TD, the Tigers 3rd team extra-point team takes the field and mass confusion ensues. As the ball is snapped, the unlisted sophomre kicker finds himself facing the wrong way. With everyone screaming for him to hurry and kick, he develops a rush of superhuman strength and pounds the ball through the uprights at the opposite end of the field.

After a 15 minute conference by the officials, Trinity is awarded the extra-point instead of St. X.

Saint Xavier 23 - Trinity 4

The Tigers have duplicated the same victory margin they had over the Rocks this year in National Merit Semi-Finalists. :D

As usual, Trinity is improving each week. The line play last week was better on both sides of the ball and T found a running back. QB is still work in progress but was improved with no turnovers. St. X as usual is very large and keeps it relatively simple. I think T's early losses pay dividends tomorrow with a win. Score it 17=14.

Jeremiah Neal puts the Tigers up 7-0 with an 8-yard run in the first quarter. Early in the second quarter, Wyatt Gray hits a 41 yard fieldgoal to extend the St. X. lead to 10-0. With 10 seconds to go in the first half, Trinity hits the scoreboard with a record 57 yard field goal by Nick Robertson to make the halftime score 10-3.

Wyatt Gray adds two more field goals for the Tigers in the third quarter to raise the count to 16-3. Then as the final moments of the game tick off the clock, St. X. finishes its scoring with a 33 yard option run for paydirt by Brian Buehner.

On the conversion kick after the final TD, the Tigers 3rd team extra-point team takes the field and mass confusion ensues. As the ball is snapped, the unlisted sophomre kicker finds himself facing the wrong way. With everyone screaming for him to hurry and kick, he develops a rush of superhuman strength and pounds the ball through the uprights at the opposite end of the field.

After a 15 minute conference by the officials, Trinity is awarded the extra-point instead of St. X.

Saint Xavier 23 - Trinity 4

The Tigers have duplicated the same victory margin they had over the Rocks this year in National Merit Semi-Finalists. :D

Or how about this one...

St. X comes out running the run and shoot and completely dismantles Trinity. Final score, St. X 272 Trinity 0, which just so happens to be how many more Catholics St. X has over Trinity!:puke: