PureFan

Who wins this one?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this one?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand what you're saying, but he can't come in and take over unless someone lets him and I'm sure that Carter has worked all his life just as hard to be able to do the things he's accomplished. I hope this rumor isn't true....because it sounds like the classic "Me, Me, Me" syndrome. Reed is only hurting hisself by quiting. Greenup needs to be a team and play like a team to accomplish anything.

Zack Reed was not hurting himself by quitting, because as a few have stated, his future lies in baseball, not football. So he actually did better for himself by quitting, as he was not having fun, and can now focus on baseball. Carter had nothing to do with the reason he quit. I beleive everyone on the team is happy that Carter has returned to Greenup, and will continue to be as he helps them out alot. But to say quitting hurt himself, thats only false. He helped himself as well as the baseball team, as thats where he belongs. Goodluck Greenup tomorrow night.

I hate to see a kid quit. But I think you are right.

Sorry guys but I don't agree. I guess I am old school. I was taught and brought up on the premise that if you signed up for something, you finished the season. Now, Raceland has had 5 or 6 boys quit this season, too. I am going to rant for a second and this is not directed at the Reed kid, just this generation of kids in general. What's wrong with athletes today.......when the going get's tough, quit. This is the wrong message and mindset to enter the real world. We have all been taught that football teaches you about life, well guess what? A lot of kids are not getting it. Real life can suck at times and things go against you. What are these kids going to do when the college professor is too hard or your boss is a turd? You can't go through life quitting because you don't like things. You'll end up on welfare and letting the ones of us who do work support your bad attitude. JMO:irked:

Zack Reed was not hurting himself by quitting, because as a few have stated, his future lies in baseball, not football. So he actually did better for himself by quitting, as he was not having fun, and can now focus on baseball. Carter had nothing to do with the reason he quit. I beleive everyone on the team is happy that Carter has returned to Greenup, and will continue to be as he helps them out alot. But to say quitting hurt himself, thats only false. He helped himself as well as the baseball team, as thats where he belongs. Goodluck Greenup tomorrow night.
I agree he didnt hurt himself, but he sure hurt 50 other boys that voted him a team captain and considered him a leader.

Sorry guys but I don't agree. I guess I am old school. I was taught and brought up on the premise that if you signed up for something, you finished the season. Now, Raceland has had 5 or 6 boys quit this season, too. I am going to rant for a second and this is not directed at the Reed kid, just this generation of kids in general. What's wrong with athletes today.......when the going get's tough, quit. This is the wrong message and mindset to enter the real world. We have all been taught that football teaches you about life, well guess what? A lot of kids are not getting it. Real life can suck at times and things go against you. What are these kids going to do when the college professor is too hard or your boss is a turd? You can't go through life quitting because you don't like things. You'll end up on welfare and letting the ones of us who do work support your bad attitude. JMO:irked:
:thumb: My father never let me quit anything.

Sidelinedoc, that is how we have raised our boys. If you start something you finish it. Period! When things are tough, you don't bail, you push through. You are right that there seems to be a lot of kids (I think parents) that don't have this same mentality. I also think Loyalty should mean something. The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence!

Sidelinedoc, that is how we have raised our boys. If you start something you finish it. Period! When things are tough, you don't bail, you push through. You are right that there seems to be a lot of kids (I think parents) that don't have this same mentality. I also think Loyalty should mean something. The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence!

Amen! I think the kids are finding that out.

Greenup.....I have read some of the postings on southeastern ohio preps and it seems as though Coal Grove thinks that they will have no problem handling you. Come out on the field with nothing but a WIN on your mind and show them who they are playing against! :thumb:

Greenup.....I have read some of the postings on southeastern ohio preps and it seems as though Coal Grove thinks that they will have no problem handling you. Come out on the field with nothing but a WIN on your mind and show them who they are playing against! :thumb:
They are showing no love for GC on that site.

Greenup finds itself at yet another crossroad. After a long and rejuvenated offseason, the Muskies answer two opening losses with 2 consecutive wins (one being a rivalry thriller). Now, there have been a couple of possible internal distractions with transfers and departures, an open week, followed by meeting up with an Ohio opponent.

I voted for DB in the poll simply because I have not seen enough yet from GC to convince me there won’t be some form of implosion on this team. Granted, my reluctance is based on things I have witnessed over the years and has absolutely nothing to do with the resurgence of interest and passion coming out of GC this year…I’m just skeptical is all.

It’s hard to predict how a group of kids will react to the departure of one of their captains and how much rust may have accumulated in the off week. This will be a challenge…one which a committed team will overcome.

I don’t enjoy being wrong, but it would delight me to see GC make yet another statement that the program has turned the corner and on its way to greater accomplishments.

Much is acknowledged about the overall quality of high school football in Ohio compared to Kentucky, but as far as our local “river wars” are concerned, I would like to see us (Kentuckians) be the asterisk in this debate between the two states….maybe overall, Ohio has the edge, but when it comes to this small stretch of the Ohio River, Buckeyes Beware!