Greenup County/Dawson Bryant (Coal Grove, OH) Predictions

PureFan

Who wins this one?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this one?

Sorry guys but I don't agree. I guess I am old school. I was taught and brought up on the premise that if you signed up for something, you finished the season. Now, Raceland has had 5 or 6 boys quit this season, too. I am going to rant for a second and this is not directed at the Reed kid, just this generation of kids in general. What's wrong with athletes today.......when the going get's tough, quit. This is the wrong message and mindset to enter the real world. We have all been taught that football teaches you about life, well guess what? A lot of kids are not getting it. Real life can suck at times and things go against you. What are these kids going to do when the college professor is too hard or your boss is a turd? You can't go through life quitting because you don't like things. You'll end up on welfare and letting the ones of us who do work support your bad attitude. JMO:irked:

:thumb:

As a teacher I see this all the time, the students quit and then the parents are ok with this. I raised my children not to quit no matter what, life is tough and sometimes unfair but you do what you have to do and keep on keeping on.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenup finds itself at yet another crossroad. After a long and rejuvenated offseason, the Muskies answer two opening losses with 2 consecutive wins (one being a rivalry thriller). Now, there have been a couple of possible internal distractions with transfers and departures, an open week, followed by meeting up with an Ohio opponent.

I voted for DB in the poll simply because I have not seen enough yet from GC to convince me there won’t be some form of implosion on this team. Granted, my reluctance is based on things I have witnessed over the years and has absolutely nothing to do with the resurgence of interest and passion coming out of GC this year…I’m just skeptical is all.

It’s hard to predict how a group of kids will react to the departure of one of their captains and how much rust may have accumulated in the off week. This will be a challenge…one which a committed team will overcome.

I don’t enjoy being wrong, but it would delight me to see GC make yet another statement that the program has turned the corner and on its way to greater accomplishments.

Much is acknowledged about the overall quality of high school football in Ohio compared to Kentucky, but as far as our local “river wars” are concerned, I would like to see us (Kentuckians) be the asterisk in this debate between the two states….maybe overall, Ohio has the edge, but when it comes to this small stretch of the Ohio River, Buckeyes Beware!

Great post. I, too, see this as a game that presents a great opportunity for Greenup to prove something. Coal Grove is a tough and respectable opponent. Like you said, Greenup started off with 2 bad losses and now has followed that up with 2 good wins. Winning this game will give them the confidence they are going to need heading into their tough district play. I hope we hear good reports coming out of Greenup tonight for the Kentucky side of the river.

We need to win all three, and plan on it.

I am having my usual mid Friday anxiety. Just a few hours til I leave to feed the team. We are also preparing to have steaks at our tailgate tonight! Greenup Fans - come and join us (it is Bring your own steak!!)

I am having my usual mid Friday anxiety. Just a few hours til I leave to feed the team. We are also preparing to have steaks at our tailgate tonight! Greenup Fans - come and join us (it is Bring your own steak!!)

Tell your hubby I like mine med-rare and to bring it over to the fieldhouse with a frosty beverage.

I came across Ohio's version of BGP. And they dont like us very much at all over there. They have qouted me, Graybeard, and a couple others from this site:lol:.

I dont really know my limits on posting links or qoutes or I would. But I can tell you they have ZERO RESPECT for you over there.

GO OUT AND SHOW THEM SOMETHING GREENUP!

Edited by Ram Fan04

I came across Ohio's version of BGP. And they dont like us very much at all over there. They have qouted me, Graybeard, and a couple others from this site:lol:.

I dont really know my limits on posting links or qoutes or I would. But I can tell you they have ZERO RESPECT for you over there.

I too came across one, and you're right, they show absolutely NO RESPECT! I'm not quite sure how to post a link, but the sight I found is....southeasternohiopreps.com.

I too came across one, and you're right, they show absolutely NO RESPECT! I'm not quite sure how to post a link, but the sight I found is....southeasternohiopreps.com.

Same that I found. They call Greenup a pathetic program, say they are making them their homecoming game next year and alot more!

Same that I found. They call Greenup a pathetic program, say they are making them their homecoming game next year and alot more!

Hopefully they will be eating their words later this evening. I am heading out now, Goodluck to everyone tonight - No injuries!

GO Musketeers!

I checked it out. We’ve sure stirred them up - its hilarious. :lol:

Go out and make us proud Greenup Co.