Covington Catholic/Lexington Catholic Predictions

WKUFAN

Go Knights, you should have invited the CovCath middle school teams to come down and play LexCath/LexChristian. Those young men from our teams are tough and yes you read correctly, we have two teams and both are good and someday they will be wearing the Blue and White of CovCath.

I know that the coaches have talked. There was a lot of interest in playing in the Republic Bank BGB by both HS and MS schools from the western side of the state. Lone Oak, Bowling Green and Graves County from the west and Pulaski Southern from the southeast are all coming in for MS games. Lone Oak HS wanted to be part of the set up but they were committed to a game already. So LC will travel to Lone Oak for a Friday night game later in the season. Bowling Green Purples will have Tyler Jopes who was MVP of the 7th Grade FBU All-American East team in San Antonio ealier this year. And his Purples won the 7th grade KYMSFA Championship last year.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey CovCathiRadio any truth to the rumor that the CovCath Internet Radio will be bringing the CovCath faithful a live video feed of the CovCath vs. LexCath game this Saturday night?

On the CovCath Internet Radio web site on CovCath.org/ I noticed a little video.gif video camera next to the LexCath vs. CovCath live from Lexington, Ky notice of the game and was just wondering?

08/29video.gif CovCath Colonel Varsity Football vs. Lexington Catholic Knights (KY) 08:30PM (EST)

Covington Catholic Colonel Varsity Football vs. Lexington Catholic Knights, live from Lexington, KY.

Yes Old Guy, you are very observant. We are going to give the webcam a shot. It's not going to be TV quality, but you should be able to tell what's going on. We won't be able to do every game, but this is a big one and out of town as well.

Cov Cath's QB (Erpenbeck) separated his shoulder against Ryle. Not sure how serious it was or if he'll play this week.

I saw him yesterday after practice and he told me he will play.

He hurt the shoulder on the third play of the game, so he play the whole Ryle

game with it.

From what I heard, it was his left shoulder, thus he should be able to play. That being said, if he gets hit, I imagine he'll be out of the game. He needs to avoid hits for CovCath to have any shot, as he is really their best offensive weapon at this point.

The CC student body will be worth the price of admission.

Not sure if the normal crowd will show up. Saturday night out of town will hurt attendance.

Knight Rider, I'd have to agree. I get to see them on a very regular basis, but I still LOVE watching the Cov Cath student section at every event.

Clyde, I'm not sure, I've always been pretty impressed by the attendance in Lexington. I know Saturday night, out of town is a little bit of a curve ball, but I don't think it will make that big of a difference. We'll see I guess.

One thing they'll definitely have going, though, will be the alumni attendance from UK and EKU. Each time we've played at Lex Cath I've been amazed by how many of our college boys show up. I know the college tides have changed somewhat from UK to Louisville in recent years, but I think we should see a good number.

Yes Old Guy, you are very observant. We are going to give the webcam a shot. It's not going to be TV quality, but you should be able to tell what's going on. We won't be able to do every game, but this is a big one and out of town as well.

I have also heard that the Central Kentucky Sports Network is going to be their broadcasting the game live in both audio and video on their network.

To Theoldguy: Yes, Mary Queen is just down the street and has a 4PM service on Saturday evening. I will be there and then head on over to check out the first game of the Bluegrass Bowl.

Lex Cath struggled with Whitley County last week and it took a comeback in the 4th with Whitley running on fumes to get the W. CovCath may be down, but they always give us their best shot. We aren't up to our full potential yet and I think inexperience on both sides will make this a pretty fair match-up. In the end, it is the Bluegrass Bowl and we've only lost once(last year to Bishop Chatard of Indianapolis) so I think we should pull it out in a thriller.

Knights - 35

Colonels - 27

:banana:

There is no way CovCath scores enough for the win. Lexcath can win this with 2 TD's IMO. Just watched the replay from Friday of the Ryle/Covcath game and Covcath struggled big time on offense. I would have to say LexCath is quicker than Ryle so there aint no catching them. I will go LexCath 42-CovCath 7

There is no way CovCath scores enough for the win. Lexcath can win this with 2 TD's IMO. Just watched the replay from Friday of the Ryle/Covcath game and Covcath struggled big time on offense. I would have to say LexCath is quicker than Ryle so there aint no catching them. I will go LexCath 42-CovCath 7

While I agree that CovCath is in for some big trouble, and admittedly haven't seen LexCath play, but Ryle was pretty darn quick offensively...

Ryle would torch LexCath. You'll see them in the 6A title game.

In thinking about it, I'd have to think that LexCath's defense is around the level of Ryles', if not maybe worse. They gave up a fair amount of points last week. But obviously their offense can put up points, as they put up about 40 last week, and I can't imagine Whitley Countys' defense being much worse than Covcath's. This doesn't bode well for CovCath. I think it will be a score fairly similiar to what we saw last week. I'll go 28 to 7, LexCath.