Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic/Lexington Catholic Predictions

Featured Replies

What are everyone thoughts? I don't know what Lex Cath has this year. What are some thoughts?

Edited by spindoc
rule #13

  • Replies 53
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be a very good game I know that LC gave up 33 points against Whitley Co last week. So I think that this could be a tossup. I will pick Cov Cath.

 

CC 35

LC 21

  • Author

I havent seen Lex Cath play Cov Cath since 2006 and if this Lex Cath team has nearly the "fire power" those Lex Cath teams had... I just dont see CCH being able to keep up with it. I know CovCath will improve as the year goes on but enless they show something the didn't show at Ryle Friday night, I don't see them pulling out a victory. But like I said, I don't know enough about Lex Cath this year to really know.

Edited by spindoc
rule #13

  • Author

I assume Lex Cath has speed, and that's what CCH was struggling with against Ryle and also Holy Cross. And I can say how many times CCH had a Ryle rb hit in the back field and they got away for a plus gain.

Edited by spindoc
rule #13

CovCath seems to always play well at LexCath...But I don't think they play well enough this time around to beat LexCath. Is LexCath's QB back from last year?

  • Author

Yes they do, but this year is a totally different type year for them. They are very young and are struggling with fundamentals. Their lack of experience showed on the 1st play against Ryle when they young guy took it for a long td run and wasnt even touched. I don't think they will get blown out. I just think they will still struggle but I do believe they will improve.

Edited by spindoc
rule #13

The CC student body will be worth the price of admission. I think both teams showed some green legs and hands last weekend. LC finally settled down in the 4th Q (and WC was running out of gas-only played about 15-18 players) and ran away with it. LC's got some real raw talent but they need to settle down and play consistant...we've got a schedule that will provide a lot of opportunity for that to happen...I'd say LC by three scores in this one

I havent seen Lex Cath play Cov Cath since 2006 and if this Lex Cath team has nearly the "fire power" those Lex Cath teams had... I just dont see CCH being able to keep up with it. I know CovCath will improve as the year goes on but enless they show something the didn't show at Ryle Friday night, I don't see them pulling out a victory. But like I said, I don't know enough about Lex Cath this year to really know.

 

Hey WKUFAN if this LexCath team had the firepower of the 2006 team and better yet the firepower of the 2005 team (remember they won the state title and beat both CovCath and HHS) the game with Whitley County wouldn't jhave been that close considering from what I read the WC starting QB was out hurt.

The CC student body will be worth the price of admission.

 

Not sure if the normal crowd will show up. Saturday night out of town will hurt attendance.

This game I believe will be the first CovCath vs. LexCath football game that has not been a KHSAA playoff game. For years CovCath and LexCath were both in 3A but in separate districts, so the only time they played against each other was in the playoffs.

 

I am sure that the CovCath faithful will be coming down in mass to watch the game and hopefully more than just a few of the current UK students/CovCath grads will come over to LexCath to see this years versions of the Colonels. I mean to say if they can get away from their studies on a Saturday night! See the CovCath Grads really take their studies seriously and it is indeed very unusual for any of thosd young men to leave there dorms or apartment on a Saturday night to do anything but study!

 

While I don't know for certain if it's going to happen this year but in the past, the CovCath faithful have always had a rather nice pregame party across the street from LexCath.

 

BTW if you can't make it to the game, Mark after delivering his daughter to the University of Notre Dame last week, will be bringing you all the action live from LexCath. CovCath vs LexCath

Serious question LexCath fans.

 

With the game being played Saturday night, and with it starting rather late in the evening, I for one would prefer to sleep in Sunday morning after getting home late. So the question is, where is the nearest Catholic Church to LexCath with a Saturday evening Mass at around 5pm or so!

I think Lex. Cath will win this one easily.

Serious question LexCath fans.

 

With the game being played Saturday night, and with it starting rather late in the evening, I for one would prefer to sleep in Sunday morning after getting home late. So the question is, where is the nearest Catholic Church to LexCath with a Saturday evening Mass at around 5pm or so!

 

4pm or 4:30, Mary Queen of the Holy Rosary. Right across Clays Mill and down a bit. Pretty sure you can check online for mass times to be entirely sure.

 

Hope Cov Cath has a good crowd. I think the crowd they had at Lex Cath in 2001 for the Regional Championship playoff game was one of the better ones Lex Cath has had before. As I player I rarely noticed crowds but that one seemed huge for our place.

Serious question LexCath fans.

 

With the game being played Saturday night, and with it starting rather late in the evening, I for one would prefer to sleep in Sunday morning after getting home late. So the question is, where is the nearest Catholic Church to LexCath with a Saturday evening Mass at around 5pm or so!

 

That would be Mary Queen of the Holy Rosary across the street from the school. Mass is at 4PM on Saturday.

Hopefully the Mary Queen of the Rosary Pastor, will still give me Communion with a CovCath shirt on! :lol: J/K

 

Thanks for the information!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.