#4) Elder - Cincinnati, OH

#13) Colerain - Cincinnati, OH

#37) Glenville - Cleveland, OH

#39) St. Xavier - Lousiville, KY

#50) Moeller - Cincinnati, OH

#62) St. Ignatius - Cleveland, OH

#68) Trinity - Louisville, KY

#76) Highlands - Fort Thomas, KY

I wouldn't say that the days of the high school powerhouse football teams from Texas, California and Florida are numbered by any means, but it's sure good to see so many top-ranked teams coming from Kentucky and Ohio.

I wouldn't say that the days of the high school powerhouse football teams from Texas, California and Florida are numbered by any means, but it's sure good to see so many top-ranked teams coming from Kentucky and Ohio.

I hear that! I would question the order they have these schools in however. IMO, Trinity & Highlands both take Moeller. :confused:

I hear that! I would question the order they have these schools in however. IMO, Trinity & Highlands both take Moeller. :confused:

I honestly don't know that much about Trinity's program lately, so I can't say a whole lot about that, but I would say (and it has nothing to do with my Cov Cath background) that Moeller would have the edge on Highlands. I think Highlands has some phenomenal talent and speed, and they have some size, but Moeller is overflowing with talent, size, depth, and a fair amount of speed. That being said, I wouldn't ever count Highlands out - particlularly as this is just a preseason ranking.

Not this year. Moeller is very, very good. They are shut down good. I wouldn't be suprised to see Moeller beat both Colerain and Elder at some point this year.

Moeller would beat Highlands...no doubt.

Trinity vs. Moeller scrimmage on Friday night I believe. Moeller's top two RB's will not be playing but they are going to throw the ball all over the place.

Should be fun.

-CardinalsFan

7 on 7 has its place in the development of a team, but the fact is you simply can't make too many assumptions about how good a team will be from 7 on 7 competitions. It's not unusual for a lesser team to beat a better team in 7 on 7... It's just not the complete football package.

7 on 7's are like pre-season football in the NFL, if that. Practice against guys in different jerseys.

Very true VOR. I think more than anything, the idea is to run your plays against some guys who can give you a different look than you're used to. They're also the time in place to experiment with different combinations of players in different positions. It's more for the sake of experimentation and run-throughs in a gametime situation.

Not this year. Moeller is very, very good. They are shut down good. I wouldn't be suprised to see Moeller beat both Colerain and Elder at some point this year.

Moeller would beat Highlands...no doubt.

Trinity vs. Moeller scrimmage on Friday night I believe. Moeller's top two RB's will not be playing but they are going to throw the ball all over the place.

Should be fun.

-CardinalsFan

No doubt in your mind but there is in mine!!!:popcorn:

No doubt in a lot of people's minds. We'll have a better read on that theory after their Trinity scrimmage.

I don't think you will. Trinity is going to start off very slow this year as they lost a ton of starters from last year's team. They may go 3-3 in their first 6 games, losing to Elder, X and X.

That 7 on 7 was Moeller's second day the field .

I understand that and I'm sure they are much better now and will improve as the year goes on. I am not the type of fan that believes 7 on 7 are a good indicator of how good of a team you are going to be. However it does allow you to evaluate whether or not you can pass/catch (timing) the ball. It also allows the defense to work on their coverages.