Are there any conservative Libertarians on the board ?

My biggest problem with the Republican party is their idiotic insistence on legislating morality.

That is one of the biggest reasons why I do not want to be associated with the Republicans anymore.

Please elaborate on any legislation on morality. Is any party legislating immorality? If gay marriage is one of them, I believe government (at any level) has more important things worthy of their time. Gay marriage is the most ridiculous subject ever mulled over politically IMO.

I really can't find much I disagree with Wayne Allyn Root on. Abortion being a states' rights issue is one thing I might disagree with. In my humble opinion, I'm beginning to believe abortion is a civil rights issue. I feel a living fetus has as much right to life, liberty, freedom and happiness as you and I. Does it being a civil rights issue make it federal? Shouldn't our US Congress legislate one human getting the same rights as another, should it be up to states to decide or is it too moral to do so at all?

Just thought I'd throw that out there. I'm not really sure how I feel about governments role in abortion. It hangs me up.

Please elaborate on any legislation on morality. Is any party legislating immorality? If gay marriage is one of them, I believe government (at any level) has more important things worthy of their time. Gay marriage is the most ridiculous subject ever mulled over politically IMO.

I really can't find much I disagree with Wayne Allyn Root on. Abortion being a states' rights issue is one thing I might disagree with. In my humble opinion, I'm beginning to believe abortion is a civil rights issue. I feel a living fetus has as much right to life, liberty, freedom and happiness as you and I. Does it being a civil rights issue make it federal? Shouldn't our US Congress legislate one human getting the same rights as another, should it be up to states to decide or is it too moral to do so at all?

Just thought I'd throw that out there. I'm not really sure how I feel about governments role in abortion. It hangs me up.

The obsession with the "social conservatives" is my problem.

Abortion

Same-Sex Marriage/Union

Prayer in Schools

Maybe my problem isn't so much the "morality" of it but the religious nature of it. People can preach to me all they want, I don't want them getting the government to do the same.

This applies to the "social justice" crowd on the other side of the aisle too.

The obsession with the "social conservatives" is my problem.

Abortion

Same-Sex Marriage/Union

Prayer in Schools

Maybe my problem isn't so much the "morality" of it but the religious nature of it. People can preach to me all they want, I don't want them getting the government to do the same.

This applies to the "social justice" crowd on the other side of the aisle too.

You see how I feel about abortion and gay marriage, when it comes to prayer in schools...I can't think of any legislation in my lifetime that would insist anyone pray in school. One having the right to pray or not to pray at school may not be the government's business. Right?

You see how I feel about abortion and gay marriage, when it comes to prayer in schools...I can't think of any legislation in my lifetime that would insist anyone pray in school. One having the right to pray or not to pray at school may not be the government's business. Right?

As long as it is not led by any school employee that is fine, any attempted coercion also need be discouraged.

Abortion and Gay marriage, if they need to be legislated at all, need to be taken care of at the state level. The federal government has more important things to do.

As long as it is not led by any school employee that is fine, any attempted coercion also need be discouraged.

Abortion and Gay marriage, if they need to be legislated at all, need to be taken care of at the state level. The federal government has more important things to do.

We're very close to agreeing here PepRock! State government has more important things to do as well.

Rand Paul officially announced his decision to run for United States Senator from the great commonwealth of Kentucky........he may be a Republican, but him, his father, and Senate candidate Peter Schiff in Connecticut mirror our conservative libertarian views as well as anyone......

Rand Paul officially announced his decision to run for United States Senator from the great commonwealth of Kentucky........he may be a Republican, but him, his father, and Senate candidate Peter Schiff in Connecticut mirror our conservative libertarian views as well as anyone......

This saddens me....I would like to be able to vote for him, but will be unable to do so because of who he is running against.

From what I've gathered his views more closely mirror yours than Trey Grayson. So why would you pull the lever for Trey?

UKM- correct me if I'm wrong- but if I'm not mistaken, I think UKM met/knows Trey Grayson, which could be (one of) the reason(s)