Hey Lexington! Ready for more traffic?

cch5432

Sure hope they don't close the intersection at Kennedy's down, that would really screw things up. So you can still go straight through on Euclid is what I meant to say.

Seriously. In order to get from the Kroger Euclid area to a place like Wildcat Textbooks you would have to go up Rose and down Washington or Hugelet. That would be disastrous.

I really don't miss Lexington, but I especially don't miss that traffic. Lexington traffic was horrendous!

Especially the stupid way they have their stop lights timed to make it impossible to drive down one of the major routes and avoid stop lights.

Back when I lived in Covington, I could drive from the river to my apartment 20+ blocks up and never have to stop at a light as long as I was driving between 32-38 mph. That I can't do this in Lex is a major reason why I hate going there. There's no reason I shouldn't be able to drive up and down Nicholasville Rd. or Richmond Rd. and be able to avoid the lights, as long as I keep my speed steady.

Especially the stupid way they have their stop lights timed to make it impossible to drive down one of the major routes and avoid stop lights.

Back when I lived in Covington, I could drive from the river to my apartment 20+ blocks up and never have to stop at a light as long as I was driving between 32-38 mph. That I can't do this in Lex is a major reason why I hate going there. There's no reason I shouldn't be able to drive up and down Nicholasville Rd. or Richmond Rd. and be able to avoid the lights, as long as I keep my speed steady.

I forgot all about that...god, it was even worse when there wasn't any traffic and you basically just stopped at lights the whole trip. They also need to take a page out of Louisville's book and make New Circle or Man O'War more like the Watterson and Gene Snyder.

I forgot all about that...god, it was even worse when there wasn't any traffic and you basically just stopped at lights the whole trip. They also need to take a page out of Louisville's book and make New Circle or Man O'War more like the Watterson and Gene Snyder.

Blame that on the past political leadership and city planners of Lex. In their drive to keep the city with a "small-town" feel, they went out of their way to avoid big-city trappings such as by-passes. The end result was an oversized town with the traffic problems of a city three times its size.

Absolutely. I find myself purposely driving through neighborhoods to avoid the main strips- I'd rather stop at stop signs and go 30 MPH then drive on Nicholasville, Richmond, or Wincester Road.

Seriously. In order to get from the Kroger Euclid area to a place like Wildcat Textbooks you would have to go up Rose and down Washington or Hugelet. That would be disastrous.

What a pain. We're not in Lexington a whole lot, but when we are, we often go to John's Run Walk Shop on South Ashland. May have to come in from the east side of town.

I've lived in Louisville and Lexington and I can't tell you how much more I would rather drive in Lville all day every day! Lexington's layout for the number of people there is as bad as anywhere I've been. Seem to always get stuck in traffic between Cincy + Dayton but the layout of Lex is awufl. It's flat out outgrown it's roads. Lvill you have the Snyder which is 65 or 70 with no lights. 3 interstates running through it too. Lex you have jammed up traffic, slow speed limits with lights every few yards. That's the biggest thing I don't miss about Lex.

JUST THINK HOW BAD IT'S GOING TO BE WHEN THE EQUSTRIAN GAMES ARE THERE!!!!!!!

I've lived in Louisville and Lexington and I can't tell you how much more I would rather drive in Lville all day every day! Lexington's layout for the number of people there is as bad as anywhere I've been. Seem to always get stuck in traffic between Cincy + Dayton but the layout of Lex is awufl. It's flat out outgrown it's roads. Lvill you have the Snyder which is 65 or 70 with no lights. 3 interstates running through it too. Lex you have jammed up traffic, slow speed limits with lights every few yards. That's the biggest thing I don't miss about Lex.

JUST THINK HOW BAD IT'S GOING TO BE WHEN THE EQUSTRIAN GAMES ARE THERE!!!!!!!

Might be quicker to travel on horseback...