Vince Carter to the Magic

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VC is probably my favorite non UK guy in the NBA.

:thumb:

Don't see how he gets hated on so much. Guy does it all. Can shoot the three, defend, and certainly get to the rack. Its hard to call any dude he jumps over a seven footers head overrated. VC has just been unfortunate enough to be on bad teams, glad to finally see him be on a good one.

I think this was a dumb deal for Orlando...

Horrible.

Why the Magic will be a TON better.

How? You change the way everyone on the roster has to play. Maybe not spot up Lewis, but Turkoglu becomes less effective if he's kept, Howard becomes non-existent offensively, Nelson gets less chances to penetrate. A horrible move.

So adding a top five or ten shooting guard in the league is a stupid idea to try to win a championship?

If he doesn't fit your style of play and the style of the players on your roster.

Lewis as a PF? :lol:

LOL, since that is what position Lewis has played in Orlando I don't see how that is funny. You are thinking of old school basketball where guys like Dwight Howard and Amare would be strictly PF along with another huge guy at Center. Lewis, Odom, and players like that are SF in that kind of basketball

but are PF in this style.

Because that's not his game. He may be 6'8 but he doesn't play the PF position.

He's listed at it, and guards PF's on defense. He is to stretch the floor for Howard.

Or why not resign Hedu and put him at PF, he's a good 6''9. Dwight's a beast in the middle anyways it's not as if you need a PF clogging the middle anyways.

1. Nelson

2. Carter

3. Lewis

4. Turkgolu

5. Howard

^^^That lineup is dirty.

Why play Turk out of postion? He is better with the ball in his hands on the pick and roll. Why would he suddenly switch positions with Lewis? Turkoglu is a good wing, but he would be a terrible post player. How would he guard Pau Gasol or even Anderson Varajao?

Try 6'10".....

Great deal for Orlando.

They were always going to move Alston, so that wasn't a shocker, Battie is garbage, and Lee was useless in the post-season. They get in Carter, one of the better scorers at his position, and a guy that can score in ways other than the 3 point shot, which is what they needed from a perimeter guy.

Could have gotten something better than Carter for their system. Carter slows down the progress they made last year. He will need alot of touches to get rhythm, and that's not how they play. They are better when they have 3, 4 or 5 guys taking shots and spread the floor. On paper or XBox 360 this is a great move, in basketball I just don't know.

I can't believe people are saying this is a bad move. The Magic gave up one player they were desperate to get rid of (Alston), one guy who is useless (Battie), and one decent player (Lee), and get in return an 8-time All-Star who has averaged 22.5 PPG in 79 games (per season) over the last 4 years.

^ Exactly. Its not a given Turk will be back, if hes not they have a guy out there on the wing that can still score. Think about it, Carter has never played with a post presence or lot of help really period. When he, Kidd, and Jefferson were together they made a couple good runs but that was still without a post presence, and RJ isn't that great. He still has enough in the tank to make a team of he, Nelson, Lewis, Howard, and possibly Turkoglu great. It boils down to who would you honestly rather have, Lee (who as bad as I hate to say it pressured out and missed two game winners) or Carter on the floor. There argument settled.

I don't even think that Lee (blew it) on those two shots or is a bad player. I think he has the potential to be an excellent NBA player. However, he is not Vince Carter now, and probably never will be.

The Magic have money tied up in the long-run Howard, Nelson, and Lewis, and it will be expensive to keep Turk. The 2010 FA season is going to mess the league up, and the Magic need to make their move for a title now. Adding a potential HOFer and one of the most athletic players ever is a huge plus.

^ Exactly. Its not a given Turk will be back, if hes not they have a guy out there on the wing that can still score. Think about it, Carter has never played with a post presence or lot of help really period. When he, Kidd, and Jefferson were together they made a couple good runs but that was still without a post presence, and RJ isn't that great. He still has enough in the tank to make a team of he, Nelson, Lewis, Howard, and possibly Turkoglu great. It boils down to who would you honestly rather have, Lee (who as bad as I hate to say it pressured out and missed two game winners) or Carter on the floor. There argument settled.

I honestly don't think they are in the finals with Carter last year. They might as well not sign Turkoglu, as he will be of limited effectiveness any way, and someone like Pietrus would probably play better with Carter.

I think this was a dumb deal for Orlando...

:thumb:

I'm glad they did it.

Of course, if they know keeping Hedo isn't happening, then it makes more sense.

I don't question the value they got vs. what they gave up. For me, its more than just a comparison of value on paper. I don't want Vince Carter if my team is a championship contender.

Without looking them up, which two players would you want the most?

Player A- 79 GP, 36 MPG. 17.7 PPG (43.9 FG%, 39.7 3PT%), 5.7 RPG, 2.6 APG, 2.0 TO, 1.0 SPG, .7 BPG

Player B- 77 GP, 36 MPG. 16.8 PPG (41.3 FG%, 35.6 3PT%), 5.3 RPG, 4.9 APG, 2.7 TO, .8 SPG, .3 BPG

Player C-80 GP, 36 MPG. 20.8 PPG (43.7 FG%, 38.5 3PT%), 5.1 RPG, 4.7 APG, 2.1 TO, 1.0 SPG, .5 BPG.

Without looking them up, which two players would you want the most?

Player A- 79 GP, 36 MPG. 17.7 PPG (43.9 FG%, 39.7 3PT%), 5.7 RPG, 2.6 APG, 2.0 TO, 1.0 SPG, .7 BPG

Player B- 77 GP, 36 MPG. 16.8 PPG (41.3 FG%, 35.6 3PT%), 5.3 RPG, 4.9 APG, 2.7 TO, .8 SPG, .3 BPG

Player C-80 GP, 36 MPG. 20.8 PPG (43.7 FG%, 38.5 3PT%), 5.1 RPG, 4.7 APG, 2.1 TO, 1.0 SPG, .5 BPG.

It's about more than the #'s. This isn't NBA Live.

But if the Magic want to win now, this makes sense. If they want to be title contenders though, they need Turkaglu to resign.

I agree. I was just referring to the players involved. IMO this helps Orlando IF they are able to resign Hedu. Orlando wants to win now and Carter gives them that chance. If this goes through then I believe they are the favorites to win the East as of now.

Why do they need Turk? What does he do that Rashard Lewis or Vince Carter doesn't do? They both have better stats than him.

As long as everything goes well, Vince is fine. But if the team struggles, he's not much help. I don't see him as a leader. I see him as an "injury"-prone frontrunner, something not necessarily needed in Orlando.

What injuries? He's played 76 or more games for 4 straight years, and more than Lewis or Turk.

Lewis as a PF? :lol:

Him or Turk were the two forwards all year, with Lewis normally guarding the other teams power forward. When you have Dwight, your PF can be more of a hybrid.

This was simply making a trade because everyone else is trying to or going to.

Bad deal for Orlando. VC is not what he once was athletically.

Still a 20 point scorer who plays 36 minutes a game and 80 games a year.