KY Senior All-Stars vs Junior All-Stars at Elliott Co. 6/11/2009

There was discussion of a game Tuesday night June 9th at first Madisonville and then Anderson County. Is there now no Tuesday night game?? Had talked with Ethan and Evan at their graduation Friday night.

Tickets are $8:confused:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is Ethan Faulkner doing with the ankle sprain? Has he been able to practice? The swelling had went down significantly after 2 treatments but I wondered if he was continuing to improve enough to play.

Hopefully its nothing more than a minor sprain and he doesn't miss a beat. I'm sure he'll be ready to go.

The link you gave me was for the KY vs. IN all-star game, are there any links for the roster for the JR vs. SR game?[/quote

There are no links concerning the Juniors at this time. The Juniors currently split their time between individual instruction and practicing with/against the Seniors. There have been some personel changes due to injuries.

Here is the report from the jr./sr. game, written in the messenger (Madisonville's newspaper).

By Forrest Rutherford, Messenger Sports Reporter frutherford@the-messenger.com

Heading in to Tuesday's scrimmage against the Kentucky junior all-stars, 2009 Mr. Basketball and Madisonville-North Hopkins standout Jon Hood said he hoped his senior squad could "drum the juniors" in preparation for the Kentucky-Indiana All-Star series.

Mission accomplished.

The seniors jumped out to a 24-point lead in the opening 10 minutes of the scrimmage and never looked back, defeating the juniors by a final of 103-63 at Maroon Gymnasium.

http://www.the-messenger.com/sports/

Edited by Ram

Please copy and paste that artice if possible. You have subscribe to read it

We are unable to allow the entire article to be copied due to Copyright infringements. I apologize for any inconvenience.

I watched the game at Madisonville. The junior team was simply overmatched.

Hood was something like 1-5 from the field in the first half but heated up in the second half. The Wilsons hit the boards hard. According to the Paducah Sun, Aaron Wilson had 12 points, nine rebounds and five assists in 19 minutes. Ridge Wilson was tough on the boards, too.

I was impressed with three juniors ... Donovan Gibbs from Iroquois, Curtis Washington of Elizabethtown (had never heard of him before) and Dequan Thomas from Iroquois.

I thought Matt St. John from south laurel was on the jr. team. Was he there?
St. John wasn't there.

I forgot to mention Josh Whitaker from Hazard, whose ballhandling was fine but he had trouble finishing against more athletic guards.