Are you a right wing extremist?

As defined by the DHS, are you a right wing extremists?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. As defined by the DHS, are you a right wing extremists?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's OK....I was called unpatriotic because I disagreed with going into Iraq. :clap:

:laugh: Obama ended the Irag war as he promised. He just changed the name of it. Same thing, same plan as McCain just not calling it a war now :D.

What a joke, Biden must have came up with that brainstorm.:lol:

I disagree with some of the Obama policies and his ideas so I guess that according to the main stream media that makes me a right wing extremist.

That imo is the one and only qualification for a right wing extremist now .....to dare to disagree with "the Annointed one".:rolleyes::lol:

:laugh: Obama ended the Irag war as he promised. He just changed the name of it. Same thing, same plan as McCain just not calling it a war now :D.

What a joke, Biden must have came up with that brainstorm.:lol:

If you want to offer a constructive argument, instead of just making snide remarks about Obama and Biden, please go ahead ... or is that all you've got? Edited by westsider

That's OK....I was called unpatriotic because I disagreed with going into Iraq. :clap:
Yeah, you're practically a Muslim ... :lol:

Seriously, one day when I was listening to Sean Hannity, I sat in my car and boiled as he told me that, because I'm a liberal, I wanted our troops to die in Iraq and I wanted us to "lose the war" there. That is the kind of crap that I am so tired of.

I guess I'm both a Right wing extremist, and a Left wing extremist.

Here's the thing. In our society, we classify ourselves, and each other by many different things; whether it be age, income, skin color, or political belifs. There is nothing wrong with that, as we are a classifying species. Young toddlers will classify, and sort thier toys and such, having no idea about politicts ect. That is usually one of the first things they learn they can control. One thing that I saw from my young son, is that when something happend to a blue toy(I think a piece broke), he would ask about the broken piece with all other blue toys. Associations with classification is a skill we learn early.

The problems with it, is that association too many times turns into prejudice. We as people, consiously and unconsiously, make associations and generalizations of classes of people. Every classification of people has some bad people that have done bad things. Some people that share similar triats of others can give the rest a bad name. There are some right wing extremists that have committed violent acts, and those people(Eric Rudolph, Tim McVey) share traits with other people who are law abiding citizens, who contribute to society. THere are some left wing extremists that also share traits with others who are law abiding citizents, who contribute to society.

I guess I'm both a Right wing extremist, and a Left wing extremist.

Here's the thing. In our society, we classify ourselves, and each other by many different things; whether it be age, income, skin color, or political belifs. There is nothing wrong with that, as we are a classifying species. Young toddlers will classify, and sort thier toys and such, having no idea about politicts ect. That is usually one of the first things they learn they can control. One thing that I saw from my young son, is that when something happend to a blue toy(I think a piece broke), he would ask about the broken piece with all other blue toys. Associations with classification is a skill we learn early.

The problems with it, is that association too many times turns into prejudice. We as people, consiously and unconsiously, make associations and generalizations of classes of people. Every classification of people has some bad people that have done bad things. Some people that share similar triats of others can give the rest a bad name. There are some right wing extremists that have committed violent acts, and those people(Eric Rudolph, Tim McVey) share traits with other people who are law abiding citizens, who contribute to society. THere are some left wing extremists that also share traits with others who are law abiding citizents, who contribute to society.

:thumb: The terrible part is when people are glad to be classified. For example, I've known people who embrace and perpetuate the stereotype that Kentuckians are racist and ignorant, who knows why.

I do it sometimes, but I dislike calling myself "right-wing" or even "conservative". It implies that my political decisions are based upon some kind of label that I am aiming for.

:thumb: The terrible part is when people are glad to be classified. For example, I've known people who embrace and perpetuate the stereotype that Kentuckians are racist and ignorant, who knows why.

I do it sometimes, but I dislike calling myself "right-wing" or even "conservative". It implies that my political decisions are based upon some kind of label that I am aiming for.

No doubt. I refused to call myself a Liberal for a while back in College. I wasn't as educated about my views as I am now, and I am much more comfrotable with the label; even though I belive the Liberal/Conservative labels hurt our societies participation in politicts.

Well put. It is troubling so many decide on a position before encountering information about an issue.

So only the left is guilty of "suckering people of this country"? The right has never done that? Right...

Not at all. Bush suckered quite a few into believing we should invade Iraq. I was not one of them. He also came close to turning our port security over to the Arabs.

The two party system and three branches of government serve the purpose of preventing absolute power by an individual or group. In that since I believe the debate between the “left” and “right” is a good thing. The problem occurs partly because polls, statistics, experts, etc… can be manipulated to support either point of view or political agenda.

Although I’m a Republican, I don’t agree with many of the hard-core rants of Rush, Hannity, and the like. However, I don’t support many of the policies that the Democrats support. In my mind I’m somewhere left of the right, but right of the center. I’m willing to bet most people are somewhere closer to the middle then on the far right or left.

The two party system and three branches of government serve the purpose of preventing absolute power by an individual or group. In that since I believe the debate between the “left” and “right” is a good thing. The problem occurs partly because polls, statistics, experts, etc… can be manipulated to support either point of view or political agenda.

:thumb: I agree- perhaps it is better to have two parties that disagree than one group in absolute power. But the problems come in when the individual political beliefs are determined not by logic or philosophy, but by trying to attain some label like "conservative" or "progressive". Add in the fact that those labels hardly represent anything about the assortment of political positions that they are supposed to represent, and it makes one huge mess where no one knows why they believe anything.

:thumb: I agree- perhaps it is better to have two parties that disagree than one group in absolute power. But the problems come in when the individual political beliefs are determined not by logic or philosophy, but by trying to attain some label like "conservative" or "progressive". Add in the fact that those labels hardly represent anything about the assortment of political positions that they are supposed to represent, and it makes one huge mess where no one knows why they believe anything.

Nice post, completely agree:thumb: