Players Moving on To College

Didn't people say at the beginning of the year that Riley was a pure PG and that's why Holmes would succeed? Now all of a sudden because he can shoot the ball, he's considered a 2? I'm not buying it. I've never thought of Riley as anything else than a PG.

Bibbins was probably quicker than Riley, but didn't have a better handle. I watched Bibbins play a lot his senior year and IMO Riley is just as good of a ball handler, if not better. With that said though, Bibbins being the main man his senior year made him a much better prospect out of high school than Riley is.

Riley handles the ball as good as anyone that I have seen in the ninth. The only knock on Jamel at this point is he would need to get stronger. The same thing as Bibbins out of high school. Bibbins got much stronger while at NKU and that helped his game. With some work on getting stronger Riley could easily be a PG at the next level.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foreign kid. Kirly(sp?). Down to X and Pitt.

Immediate PT could be a problem in getting him to X.

Frease has really improved and settled in. He's going to be a solid inside contributor for 4 years.

Note: A scholarship offer can be extended, but if a player does not except that offer and a team fills out its roster for that class, then there's no longer a legit offer to be taken.

Riley handles the ball as good as anyone that I have seen in the ninth. The only knock on Jamel at this point is he would need to get stronger. The same thing as Bibbins out of high school. Bibbins got much stronger while at NKU and that helped his game. With some work on getting stronger Riley could easily be a PG at the next level.

Strength is one of those attributes that can be added or developed.

I agree.

Who got the ball against SC when they were pressing?

Who had the ball in OT when Holmes needed to create a shot?

He's a strong shooter. He's a D3 PG and that's a compliment as many of wish we were good enough to be a D3 PG.

Ricardo was Holmes best player this year, so of course Coach Henley wanted the ball in his hands.

Riley has had some pretty big games against solid competition though with the likes of Guyn of SC guarding him. He can create and get to the rim pretty well for his size. He may not be able to play right away, but by his junior year, he could be a nice contributor at a big D2, small D1 college.

He would start his freshman year at a D3 program IMO. I said it earlier in this thread and I'll say it again...I think an NAIA program like Pikeville, Union, or Cumberland would be a great fit for him.

Note: A scholarship offer can be extended, but if a player does not except that offer and a team fills out its roster for that class, then there's no longer a legit offer to be taken.

Correct.

If an offer was made to Jackson I don't believe the offer still stands.

Correct.

If an offer was made to Jackson I don't believe the offer still stands.

Xavier recruits a certain style of guards. Sato, Chalmers, D. Jackson, Redford, and the other small point that recently graduated, all are shifty guards that can shoot it. Whereas Chad Jackson is more of a straight line guard without much of a perimeter touch.

They are not the same player. Riley is more of a 2. Bibbins is pure PG with a much better handle.

Your not giving Riley any credit. He is very smooth, and a better athlete than Bibbons. Have you seen some of Nku's guards? Riley can definitely play for NKU. He wouldn't come in and start his freshman year, but he could be a nice contributor.

Your not giving Riley any credit. He is very smooth, and a better athlete than Bibbons. Have you seen some of Nku's guards? Riley can definitely play for NKU. He wouldn't come in and start his freshman year, but he could be a nice contributor.

We'll disagree.

Is NKU recruiting him?

Is Bellarmine recruiting him?

Josh Crawford of Corbin is getting attention from both Transylvania and Centre.

I would love to see this kid come play for Brian Lane. He would fit there system perfectly. With a guy like Verax graduating I would think Crawford would get a lot of playing time next year at Transy.

We'll disagree.

Is NKU recruiting him?

Is Bellarmine recruiting him?

So whats your point? NKU already got a commitment from Ethan Faulkner, so they might have used all there scholarships. I don't know if they are or not, IMO Riley is good enough to play for NKU.

IMO what hurt Riley is playing behind Jefferson and Avery. This was his first year starting people really didn't get to see him until the sweet 16. As far as his handles, he can handle for sure no question. Maybe not D-1 RIGHT NOW. Two years of JUCO I could see him in the swac or some conference like that. To say he can't play at NKU is a strecth. He is as good as both Brenden and Jordan Stowers who both played for Nku.

IMO what hurt Riley is playing behind Jefferson and Avery. This was his first year starting people really didn't get to see him until the sweet 16. As far as his handles, he can handle for sure no question. Maybe not D-1 RIGHT NOW. Two years of JUCO I could see him in the swac or some conference like that. To say he can't play at NKU is a strecth. He is as good as both Brenden and Jordan Stowers who both played for Nku.

I am not trying to knock Riley but does not compare to either Stowers. He is a good kid and a hard worker but whether he goes to a JUCO or not he is not going to be a D1 caliber player.

So far everyone has only talked about his offensive skills but the big question is who is he going to guard on the D1 level? Not big enough or strong enough to guard the 2 on the D1 level. He struggled guarding the PG's locally who were just as quick as he is and pretty much every PG at the D1 level is as big and just as quick or quicker.

There is a reason Riley was a one year starter. Henley is a good coach and I can't see him starting and playing Avery while he has a D1 caliber PG on the bench just because Avery was a senior.