Players Moving on To College

I read last week that Jenkins was keeping Bellermine as an option.

Can you blame him? Wouldn't you keep every scholarship offer an option, both his DI and DII's? A program with Benedetti and Hobbs coming back after a Sweet 16 appearance and being highly ranked is a good thing even if it is DII.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a kid with an attitude can end up being good if its harnessed. Especially if hes a competitor. Just my opinion.

:thumb: I totally agree. I just know that most college coaches won't consider a kid that walks off the floor instead of running unless they are a highly sought after player.

Thanks for the update. I wish him the best in his college career and education pursuits.

Keep us updated on his choice. :thumb:

No problem. And by the way, from what I gather, he does have those options to walk-on at those "TWO" instate schools as well.

He missed 22 games this season as senior. something you never wish for any kid to have to go through, especially a competitor like Jenkins. He's handled it well.

Two things:

I think that Riley would probably play the off guard at Morehead, he will have to sit behind Demonte Harper, who will probably have to the off guard as well, as Ty Proffitt will probably start at the Point next season. But I think Riley can add to a team like Morehead, he is a great spot shooter, and can get to the basket effectively.

Also, I think that Chris Knipp is not good enough to play college basketball, I am not trying to be rude, but having watched him over the past four years, I have not seen a player that is able to cut it at the next level.

I'm 99% sure that X has not offered Chad Jackson. They don't have the scholarships available. They have 2 seniors next year and those two are already accounted for. The are still hoping to sign a big kid from the IMG academy this year and are holding a scholarship for him. If they fail there are other kids they have in mind for that scholarship.

Who is the kid at IMG Xavier is trying to land?

Coach Chris Mack is one of the best recruiters in the country. He's done a phenomenal job of bringing in the best talent available at Xavier. May be the best talent evaluator around. And coach Miller is one of the best coaches in business. Outstanding people to know on top of that.

The walls at X going back to the locker room are filled with X players that have gone on to the league. Xavier has even done terrific with getting a player or two from Kentucky that flew under the radar.

Wouldn't it concern Morehead's coach that Rico is the one that takes over when they need to be pressure?

As I said in another thread, strong high school game. Great shot if he's set. He would struggle at NKU. Thomas More would be a great fit.

I would say down one with 7 seconds left of OT in the state championship is a pretty pressurized situation, and Riley hit the shot...

Two things:

I think that Riley would probably play the off guard at Morehead, he will have to sit behind Demonte Harper, who will probably have to the off guard as well, as Ty Proffitt will probably start at the Point next season. But I think Riley can add to a team like Morehead, he is a great spot shooter, and can get to the basket effectively.

Also, I think that Chris Knipp is not good enough to play college basketball, I am not trying to be rude, but having watched him over the past four years, I have not seen a player that is able to cut it at the next level.

I like Riley. I think he is one of the main reasons that Holmes won the state tourney. However, he is not a D1 level player and probably not even a D2 caliber player at a place like NKU or Bellarmine.

Riley was not a pure pg in the truest sense of the position. Holmes biggest adjustment down the stretch was putting the ball in Rico's hands for most of the game.

Riley does not have the size & strength to play the 2 at the D1 or high D2 level. I think he would be a great fit for schools like Thomas More or Mt St Joe's locally.

I like Riley. I think he is one of the main reasons that Holmes won the state tourney. However, he is not a D1 level player and probably not even a D2 caliber player at a place like NKU or Bellarmine.

Riley was not a pure pg in the truest sense of the position. Holmes biggest adjustment down the stretch was putting the ball in Rico's hands for most of the game.

Riley does not have the size & strength to play the 2 at the D1 or high D2 level. I think he would be a great fit for schools like Thomas More or Mt St Joe's locally.

I would love to see him at Thomas More. It would give me a reason to stick around after the womens games.

I would say down one with 7 seconds left of OT in the state championship is a pretty pressurized situation, and Riley hit the shot...

Correct. Standing in the corner. Waiting for someone to get him the ball. Great shot by the youngster.

Doesn't show that he can play PG.

And this is why Riley will likely take the Juco route, in hopes of getting better looks down the road after proving himself at that level.

I agree that he doesn't have the size or strength to play the 2, but he could definetly play the 1. With his work ethic, I don't see any reason why he couldn't be a solid role player off the bench at Morehead in 2 years, after time in the weight room. I honestly think he could play at NKU though. People said the same thing about Bibbins out of high school and look at the career he's had. He and Riley are right around the same size out of high school.

People said the same thing about Bibbins out of high school and look at the career he's had. He and Riley are right around the same size out of high school.

They are not the same player. Riley is more of a 2. Bibbins is pure PG with a much better handle.

They are not the same player. Riley is more of a 2. Bibbins is pure PG with a much better handle.

Didn't people say at the beginning of the year that Riley was a pure PG and that's why Holmes would succeed? Now all of a sudden because he can shoot the ball, he's considered a 2? I'm not buying it. I've never thought of Riley as anything else than a PG.

Bibbins was probably quicker than Riley, but didn't have a better handle. I watched Bibbins play a lot his senior year and IMO Riley is just as good of a ball handler, if not better. With that said though, Bibbins being the main man his senior year made him a much better prospect out of high school than Riley is.

Maybe so but from those I've spoken to I don't see it.

I did see an article where Demling said that X has offered.

I still am skeptical.

I just looked it up and saw it on several Rivals sites that X has indeed offered Jackson, along with West Virginia as well.

I've never thought of Riley as anything else than a PG.

Who got the ball against SC when they were pressing?

Who had the ball in OT when Holmes needed to create a shot?

He's a strong shooter. He's a D3 PG and that's a compliment as many of wish we were good enough to be a D3 PG.