Ryle 50 Newport Central Catholic 48

poon

Russell hit both ends of a one-on-one with 2.4 seconds remaining to break the tie. NCC played well down the stretch and had a shot to win the game. Unfortunately for them, they missed the shot and fouled trying to get the rebound. After some turnovers early in the game, both teams played well.

Game tied, NCC with possession taking the last shot. J. Geisler called for over-the-back. Puts Ryle on the line to win the game. Very questionable call. Game should have went into overtime. The officials decided this game, not the players.

Game tied, NCC with possession taking the last shot. J. Geisler called for over-the-back. Puts Ryle on the line to win the game. Very questionable call. Game should have went into overtime. The officials decided this game, not the players.

Record for the season:

Officials 1-0, NCC 0-1. :clap:

It's a tough call but if you look at the film you'll see the refs did a poor job letting the big bodies play. NCC's Connor took the shot that (preceeded the foul call) should've won the game and you see a Ryle player pulling his jersey. The refs did a poor job protecting the shooters on both sides.

There was an NCC player and Ryle player roughing each other and the official called the NCC player when he should have told them to knock it off or hit them both.

The call at the end while putting Ryle on the line to win was questionable but let the big guys play a little. Both teams played hard.

Refs should sit in the stands they could call a better game from there because they have alot of help!!!!!:D

It's a tough call but if you look at the film you'll see the refs did a poor job letting the big bodies play. NCC's Connor took the shot that (preceeded the foul call) should've won the game and you see a Ryle player pulling his jersey. The refs did a poor job protecting the shooters on both sides.

There was an NCC player and Ryle player roughing each other and the official called the NCC player when he should have told them to knock it off or hit them both.

The call at the end while putting Ryle on the line to win was questionable but let the big guys play a little. Both teams played hard.

Refs should sit in the stands they could call a better game from there because they have alot of help!!!!!:D

Can you please post said clip on youtube and put the link on here? B/c that's not what I saw.

Quote:

Originally Posted by homeofthewhopper

Refs should sit in the stands they could call a better game from there because they have alot of help!!!!!

Can you please post said clip on youtube and put the link on here? B/c that's not what I saw.

Its funny how two different people at the same game had two completely different views of how the game ended. Kind of like the ref's view and what people see from the stands.

I simply think that there are always bad calls, questionable calls and missed calls at every basketball game at every level that go both ways. It's just part of a fast-paced, tough game. I firmly believe that there are MANY opportunities in every closely contested game, where either team could have taken destiny into their own hands by performing better. To blame a loss on the officials is a huge copout and does not teach the proper life lessons that we hope our kids will learn from sports. Plain and simple - the refs did not cost NC this game. I'm sure they had many chances to win the game on their own and did not do it.

I simply think that there are always bad calls, questionable calls and missed calls at every basketball game at every level that go both ways. It's just part of a fast-paced, tough game. I firmly believe that there are MANY opportunities in every closely contested game, where either team could have taken destiny into their own hands by performing better. To blame a loss on the officials is a huge copout and does not teach the proper life lessons that we hope our kids will learn from sports. Plain and simple - the refs did not cost NC this game. I'm sure they had many chances to win the game on their own and did not do it.

I agree. I was not at the game, but to many times games are blamed on the officials. Its not like the players are perfect and neither are the ref's. Sure I can say there are very bad ref's who control how games go. But no game is lost by a ref.

I don't begrudge anyone to complain about refs/umpires and even feel like it was poor officiating that cost your team the game. The problem comes when adults are all to eager to openly voice this feeling to kids and therefore let them come away with the attitude that they were "screwed", somehow better than their opponent, and in no way bear any responsiblity for the outcome. It teaches kids to disrespect their opponent, disrespect authority, and disrespect the game/sport. Bad calls and bad luck are part of life and they might as well learn it now during youth and high school sports when it truly doesn't mean anything and not learn to come up with the most reachable excuse whenever they have some disappointment or setback in life.