Newport Central Catholic

Any particular reason? Did he get a job? or just fed up with sports?

What about Logan Ferrara? Is he coming back to the diamond?

Chris' throwing shoulder giving him problems. Logan will be running track instead of baseball.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NCC returns what some say is the best 2nd basebman/pitcher in the region in Jeramie Connor

Nate Rawe IMO one of the best SS

Mark kelly one of the best catchers

Chris Grosser is extremly fast as

how does the rest of the line up shake out?

This team will be dangerous and surely a 9th region favorite!

Not to take anything away from this team, but I only see them being dangerous with Connor on the mound. Pitching and defense wins championships and without him on the mound I can't see them going through the region like they did last year with Enzweiler (sp?) as a big help.

I'd have to agree, they will be a solid team, but I don't see them doing much damage unless Connor is on the mound. CovCath beat them twice in the regular season convincingly, and then in the game that mattered Connor had a great night and CovCath had an average at best night. Hats off to NCC for taking advantage of it, but aside from Connor I just don't see them doing that well..

These are the returning starters from last year from what I hear:

Rawe- SS

Kelly- supposedly switching to center field this year

Connor- Pitcher and 2B

Geisler- could be playing 1B this year

other seniors are:

Steve Young

Tyler Bader

Ben Parr

Jake Lohr

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I'd have to agree, they will be a solid team, but I don't see them doing much damage unless Connor is on the mound. CovCath beat them twice in the regular season convincingly, and then in the game that mattered Connor had a great night and CovCath had an average at best night. Hats off to NCC for taking advantage of it, but aside from Connor I just don't see them doing that well..

I hope everyone has the same attitude. NCC will be very good again and make a run at a regional title. They have a couple of nice juniors and their sophomore class is very strong. The future is very bright in Thoroughbred land.

I seem to remember young Jake Giesler pitching in some City Championship games a few years back. That would be a pretty imposing stretch on the mound if he plays!

He is not. I hear he wants to concentrate on basketball and football

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

The new name to remember at NCC is Shaun Meyer........he will be an excellent P/inf and is probably their best SS but may be reassigned to allow someone to hold it full-time (because he pitches) Shaun is a nice hitter and will be a solid two on the mound behind Conner. Another slick inf. to watch is Nate Siebert....nice hands, good glove, still developing as a hitter.

The new name to remember at NCC is Shaun Meyer........he will be an excellent P/inf and is probably their best SS but may be reassigned to allow someone to hold it full-time (because he pitches) Shaun is a nice hitter and will be a solid two on the mound behind Conner. Another slick inf. to watch is Nate Siebert....nice hands, good glove, still developing as a hitter.

Shaun is an excellent athlete but is not a better SS than Nate Rawe nor can he hit with him. Shaun still needs to prove himself on the mound at the varsity level which I'm sure he will. Again he's an asset to the team but to say he can hold SS down.....not yet but next year probably. Nate Rawe is just to solid and NCC needs his leadership along with Connor to have a chance to repeat last years accomplishments.