Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic

Featured Replies

Shaun is an excellent athlete but is not a better SS than Nate Rawe nor can he hit with him. Shaun still needs to prove himself on the mound at the varsity level which I'm sure he will. Again he's an asset to the team but to say he can hold SS down.....not yet but next year probably. Nate Rawe is just to solid and NCC needs his leadership along with Connor to have a chance to repeat last years accomplishments.

 

Proof on mound: No-hitter vs. Atherton. True, not stiffest of competition, but still, as a sophomore thats incredibly impressive. Nate Rawe is a more reliable infielder right now, but I think Shaun will immediately prove to be a better hitter.

 

With Chris Grosser (and to be exact it was shoulder surgery) not pitching, I doubt the rotation will have regional championship depth. But I could be wrong. Between Jeramie Connor and Shaun Meyer and whatever new faces show themselves as great pitchers, Breds might make a legitimate run again.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new name to remember at NCC is Shaun Meyer........he will be an excellent P/inf and is probably their best SS but may be reassigned to allow someone to hold it full-time (because he pitches) Shaun is a nice hitter and will be a solid two on the mound behind Conner. Another slick inf. to watch is Nate Siebert....nice hands, good glove, still developing as a hitter.

 

I'm surprised Siebert hasn't been move to the O.F. by now? Sounds like the infield is set according to other posts.

  • Author
Proof on mound: No-hitter vs. Atherton. True, not stiffest of competition, but still, as a sophomore thats incredibly impressive. Nate Rawe is a more reliable infielder right now, but I think Shaun will immediately prove to be a better hitter.

 

With Chris Grosser (and to be exact it was shoulder surgery) not pitching, I doubt the rotation will have regional championship depth. But I could be wrong. Between Jeramie Connor and Shaun Meyer and whatever new faces show themselves as great pitchers, Breds might make a legitimate run again.

 

Your competition comment is why he needs to prove himself and remember I think he will. Nate Rawe will hit better but Shaun will still hit and be fine. NCC will as you said have depth.

Yes, the Grosser boy did have shoulder sugery, I saw the young fellow in a sling.

 

Although, to voice my opinion, I think the seniors up at newcath pretty much have a lock on the positions. As for underclassman, I think Chris Kelly could be getting plenty of time at catcher if not starting and the the meyer kid pitching. I can't see Seibert out playing Rawe, Rawe has speed and a good bat, not to mention a good SS, so he wont be replaced by seibert.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.