Vince Carter to the Spurs?

"The opening day of Trade Talk Weekend centered on an extraordinary amount of discussion for Vince Carter Friday in Phoenix, where Nets officials struck out in a last-minute bid to acquire Shawn Marion and then re-focused their attention on a possible deal with the Spurs.

According to various league officials and player agents at the scene, the Nets have spoken to numerous teams to gauge Carter's value, but the most likely scenario -- as of Friday night -- was a complicated 4-for-1 deal with San Antonio that would bring back two young pieces and two players the Nets would probably let go.

In this scenario, which was reported last Friday on NJ.com, sharp-shooter Roger Mason and rookie point guard George Hill would come to New Jersey, along with center Fabricio Oberto and Bruce Bowen.

The Nets would have three players over the maximum allowed, however, so they would probably waive Bowen and Oberto and a third player, while plugging Mason and Hill into their backcourt.

LINK

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would stink to see those players leave, but I think Carter could help the Spurs.

If the Nets did indeed cut Bowen and Oberto, the Spurs could sign them back if they wanted, much like they did with Brent Barry a few years back.

Not sure how much I like this deal...I'll have to think about it.

Just FYI, In order for a team to take four players for one, it must make room on the 15-man roster before the deal is worked out. It doesn't matter if the plan is to waive a couple of the incoming players after the deal is done.

So the Nets -- who are already at the 15-man limit -- would have to waive three of their own players first. Don't see that happening.

I think it would be an excellent deal, in terms of how things would work out on the court, this year- it could hurt the Spurs in the future. My favorite NBA team getting one of my favorite college basketball players ever? Would be incredible.

I think it would be an excellent deal, in terms of how things would work out on the court, this year- it could hurt the Spurs in the future. My favorite NBA team getting one of my favorite college basketball players ever? Would be incredible.

The Spurs are your favorite NBA team? I like you a lot less now.

I understand. Physical, efficient, and unselfish basketball is so unappealing. :D

Actually I think you have to be able to pout and cry better than anyone else to be able to play there. I mean I've never seen guys cry more than Duncan, Manu, and Bowen in my life, and they all play for the same team.

Actually I think you have to be able to pout and cry better than anyone else to be able to play there. I mean I've never seen guys cry more than Duncan, Manu, and Bowen in my life, and they all play for the same team.

Even if that is true- now we say they are physical, unselfish, efficient and pouters- but you now who that sounds like to me? The Bishop Brossart Mustangs :D

(P.S. I hope striker sees this :D)

Even if that is true- now we say they are physical, unselfish, efficient and pouters- but you now who that sounds like to me? The Bishop Brossart Mustangs :D

(P.S. I hope striker sees this :D)

:lol: The funny thing is, when I was there, we beat you guys at least twice, maybe 3 times in 4 years....:sssh: