Vince Carter to the Spurs?

Hate the Spurs, but love Vince. VC has been my favorite NBA player ever since he won the dunk contest what seems like forever ago. With Vince now on the downslope of his career, being mainly a superstar always on a bad team I would really like to see him win a ring. I do feel Vince has a lot of ball left in him, and on the right team could push them to a title. The Spurs are one of those teams, and quite frankly giving up basically Bowen and Mason isn't over-doing it to get him by any means. Popovich is great at taking role players and polishing them into solid contributors. Bowen does have great D, and Mason is emerging as one of the best shooters in the league, but whether or not those two would have the same success on another team is yet to be determined. Vince on the otherhand you know is going to ball no matter where he goes. As for Oberto and Hill,....who really cares?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: The funny thing is, when I was there, we beat you guys at least twice, maybe 3 times in 4 years....:sssh:

:clap::ylsuper:

I think you all beat us 3 out of 4 during my 4 years. But the only year in which I actually played varsity, junior year, we won. :D

I do have to say that losing to Brossart was not as bad as losing to other schools because they handled themselves with class.

Like the Spurs :D

Actually I think you have to be able to pout and cry better than anyone else to be able to play there. I mean I've never seen guys cry more than Duncan, Manu, and Bowen in my life, and they all play for the same team.

And many Spurs haters deal with this make believe "crying" with their own whining and crying. Funny...

Hate the Spurs, but love Vince. VC has been my favorite NBA player ever since he won the dunk contest what seems like forever ago. With Vince now on the downslope of his career, being mainly a superstar always on a bad team I would really like to see him win a ring. I do feel Vince has a lot of ball left in him, and on the right team could push them to a title. The Spurs are one of those teams, and quite frankly giving up basically Bowen and Mason isn't over-doing it to get him by any means. Popovich is great at taking role players and polishing them into solid contributors. Bowen does have great D, and Mason is emerging as one of the best shooters in the league, but whether or not those two would have the same success on another team is yet to be determined. Vince on the otherhand you know is going to ball no matter where he goes. As for Oberto and Hill,....who really cares?

I would be more worried about losing Hill than Oberto. Hill is a good young player IMO.

This would be a bad trade for San Antonio IMO, George Hill is going to be a great Point one day, Bowen is still a top three defender in the NBA. But Oberto is useless and Mason takes a legit 3 point shooter away from their team. Carter may help in the short term, but in the long run-like Hammertime said, would kill them

This would be a bad trade for San Antonio IMO, George Hill is going to be a great Point one day, Bowen is still a top three defender in the NBA. But Oberto is useless and Mason takes a legit 3 point shooter away from their team. Carter may help in the short term, but in the long run-like Hammertime said, would kill them

Kill them? I doubt it. As long as they have Parker, Duncan and Ginobili they will compete.

I'm not going to say that this deal will help the long-run, but I don't think Bowen is a top 3 defender anymore, by any means.